1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Cover Designer for inkjet printable DVD's?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by FiremanDB, Jan 17, 2007.

1. FiremanDB

FiremanDB Regular member

Can you print DVD labels on an inkjet printable disk with Nero Cover Designer, and if so, how? I have a Canon iP4000 printer and have enabled the DVD printing function on my US model, but I can't figure out how to print a label with Nero cover designer. Can anyone help?

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I also have an iP4000, mine came with a program to allow me to print directly onto Ink Jet printable discs. I get my covers from http://www.cdcovers.cc

I have never tried Nero Cover designer.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  3. FiremanDB

FiremanDB Regular member

I have the program that comes with the Canon, but I am used to printing lightscribe labels with Nero Cover Designer. Does the Canon program you use work pretty well? I tried printing one disc with it and didn't get the image all of the way to the edge of the printable portion of the disc.

4. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

If you look closely you will see a little dot at the Right, left, top, and bottom of image, hold your mouse arrow on one of these and you can stretch the image in any direction thus filling up the whole disc, I'll try and get you a pic.

[​IMG]

To find these "dots" left click on image, hold and move slightly to 1 side.

5. FiremanDB

FiremanDB Regular member

Thanks for the help. I still haven't got the image to go all the way out to the outer edge. I found a setting that allows you increase the size of the outer circle. By increasing this will it print out to the edge? Also, does this program print full hub printable discs?

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

As I said, the ONLY way to fill the "Circle" is to locate these dots and drag to extend image, yes it does print full hubs.

Just check out the illustration I've posted, it's a smaller image I obtained by dragging the dots inwards instead of outwards.

[​IMG]

Here I have moved the image over to the left, clicked on the dot on the right side and then dragged the image over to the right thus enlarging it.

When you open CD Labler, select New Image, then Image (from the top) and then OK and THEN you can adjust the size and then PRINT

7. FiremanDB

FiremanDB Regular member

I was able to stretch the image to fill the dvd template and I added 2mm to the outer circle and it seems to be as close to the edge as I can get. It is not perfect however, as the tray seems to be a tiny bit off-line in the printer and it leaves one side of the disc with a very small portion that is not covering the white surface underneath. It is probably not noticable to most people, but I am a little anal. I may have to live with it the way it is.

Does your Printer have rollers on the outside of the tray slide? I have the U.S. version, which comes with the dvd printing capabilities disabled. I bought the tray off of Ebay and hacked my printer settings to enable this function. I noticed that they sell a roller assembly for the tray, but it said you may or may not need it. I did not buy the roller assembly which may be my problem.

8. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Mine is Genuine, it's freely available in Australia. Last year I did purchase a Tray for a member and post it to the US.

9. FiremanDB

FiremanDB Regular member

Ok, I tried to print a label on a hub printable disc and could not get it to print all the way to the inside hub. What do I need to do to print all the way to the inner hub?

10. FiremanDB

FiremanDB Regular member

Gwendolin,

I have found a website that can help you set Nero Cover Designer up to print on inkjet printables with your Cannon iP4000. It have burned hundreds of lightscribe covers with Nero and have found it to be far superior to CD label print. You should give it a try, it is easy to set up, and gives you alot more tools and functionallity. Plus, it allows you to increase the outer edge of the disc beyond 118 mm for full coverage, something CD Label Print does not allow.

Here is the address: (I can't get the url to appear as a hyperlink, so you will have to cut and paste the address to your browser)

pixma.allhyper.com/index.php/90/2006/10/25/verbatim-119mm-template-for-nero-cover-designer.html

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  11. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@FiremanDB, Thanks for that link, it looks really interesting, I will check it out in full later in the week, Cheers.