1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Digital to dvd with same file size

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by wheelerdr, Jan 20, 2008.

1. wheelerdr

wheelerdr Member

I just started this dvd to hardrive stuff. I found that I love using Nero digital to convert to mp4 to hardrive. 1 movie under 700mb. Great Quality kind of shows up the divx world i think. but problem when i try to convert to dvd i get back the dvd size as well. Is there away to convert the nero digital file and burn it to dvd with the same file size. this way I can put 4 or 5 dvd's to one disk

Thanks

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

No, you can't do that. Mpeg4 is a compressed format. You can probably Shrink 4 DVDs-VIdeo movies using programs like Nero Recode or DVD Shrink, to make them fit on a DVD5, but the quality would probably be worse than VHS tape. If you want to fit that many movie on one single DVD, convert to Divx and get a Divx compatible player.

3. wheelerdr

wheelerdr Member

I have been working with divx for about 3 months now and the video is not as good as i get when converting to nero digital mp4. I have found away to convert the nero digital to dvd at about 2gig. wich alows me to put 2 movies on one disk. So maybe convert 4 movies to dvd on harddisk and then use something to compress a little further. maybe. I know the nero digital is under 700 mb a movie. great size great movie but when trying to convert back to dvd it just doubles or triples in size.

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Well, you said it yoursefl, it doubles/triples the size when converted back to DVD. And it loses quality. This is not the way to shrink it, DVD-mp4-DVD . You can try and shrink 3 movies for one single layer with Nero Recode or DVD Shrink. Best results for high compression if you use DVD Rebuilder with CCEncoder. But even that can't do the impossible.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  5. wheelerdr

wheelerdr Member

Just wondering how it was done. I just got back from afghanistan and they had 10 in 1 dvd with great quality on a dvd9 disc. I would like to do half that on a dvd 5 or dvd9.

6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Well, for 5 in one I would suggest DVD Rebuilder and CCEncoder. Best quality when we're talking about maximim compression.
    Another thing...it is possible that they had a DVD player capable of Divx playback? In this case, 10 Divx movies on a DL disc(DVD9) disc is very sound.

7. wheelerdr

wheelerdr Member

No it was not Divx. All I had was a cheap stand alone player. If I had to buy a new player I would make sure it could play nero digital I love it way moore than divx. Ok I will try these programs to see if i can get the quality that nero digital produces

8. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

if you try DVD Rebuider and CCE, I would advise to let it work over night:~)! it does get the best quality when dealing with high compressions, but it might take 4-5 hours.

Just as a side note...nero digital does look great on the little monitor screen. While playing on a regular size TV, it would be different.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008