1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero download

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by mandyutd, Feb 12, 2005.

1. mandyutd

mandyutd Guest

Hi I am new to this, so be nice. I just downloaded the new Nero download and it says that its expired do i need to have a code to use it Help

mandy

2. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

This day 1 for me here. Can someone tell me where I should post my questions, where I should look for knowledgeble replies (pls don't say " Good luck Rog) and last, how to get directly to where the replies would be?

[1] Does Windows XP have the ability to copy jpgs to a CD-RW drive?
    [2] I have NeroExpress. Does it make this easier to do and if so how?

Can you tell I'm a newbie? Thanks all

3. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

mandyutd,

yes, you need a serial number, possibly more than one depending on what you want to do.

4. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

mandyyutd...same here. Once your "trial" period is over you have to buy it from their website or someplace else...such as Ebay I might suggest. if you do we'll be learning how to use it together so stay close...I'm a slow learner

5. mandyutd

mandyutd Guest

Thanks for all the replys, I didnt even get a trial period so must have done something wrong, back to useing Roxio for me. I want to convert bin and cue files to disk so any body have any idea what i can use. thanks

Mandy

6. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

@roger3125
    Yes

It's not difficult, just make a data cd.

7. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Geestar20....you didn't tell me how. Saying its easy to a know nothing kind of guys as myself tells me exactly that....nothing. Please I ask for you help

8. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

roger3125, What is it that you would like to do? Make a slide show? Just put pictures on a cd for archiving? I can't make any promises (I'm kind of a rookie at this to)
    but I might be able to shed some light on the subject.

9. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Thanks. All that I'd like to be able to do is to save my jpg photo files onto a CD and perhaps later to a DVD. My computer has both capabilities. I thought Xp could do this without special software...apparently it cn not. Thanks for whatever help you cn give me

10. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

I believe XP can do this. I have XP-Home, but I've always used Nero to do it. If you highlight all the pictures you want to copy to cd & then right click on them you'll get a drop down menu. One option should be "Send to", if you highlight that you get another drop down menu & one of your options should be your CD-R drive. Choose that & you get Pop_up Balloon telling you that you have files waiting to be written to a CD. If you click on the balloon you get a window showing all the pics to be written to cd. On the left side should be an option to write these files to CD. Hope this helps!!

11. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Thanks that seems to work fine. Odd that I find out how to use XP Home to copy to a CD just the day I install Nero. Can you tell me how to do this with Nero Express? Also I see the "Make jewel box cover" in the lower left side of Nero SmartStart but when it comes up it doesn't tell you how to make a cover label. Know where I might find those directions or better tell them to me.

12. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

I could tell you how to do every thing you need to know. But, I think it would be better for you to do your own homework. Nero Smartstart has manuals for everything. Nero.com would have the manuals also. So in conclusion, you'll just have to do it the way I did when I first started out. READ!!! & then read it again. You'll figure it out & then you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself. Good Luck

13. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

No offense digidave but i was at Nero.com --> tutorials and I found nothing about making a box cover from SmartStart. Matter of fact I found nothing other than CD to CD and DVD to CD. I've see repeatedly how easy they claim their tutorials are to follow. But they too have left out where you go to find those tutorials.
    Tell me I'm not blind. I don't mind being called dumb, but blind well that hurts my feelings.

14. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

I just discovered something new myself which may be the problem here. When you open Startsmart do you see 3 Drop down menus (Applications,Nero Toolkit,& Manuals). They would be on the left hand side.If not, you have to click on the very Left edge of the Startsmart box. In the center there is a little triangle pointing to the left.When you click it, it widens the box & shows the drop menus.

15. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Learn something everyday huh? You're right but now that I got to the Designer thingie its tell sme nothing more than I knew before. Let me ask you this then...what do you use Nero for primararily. I mean can it do anything that Win XP can't do? I hear its a wow applications but tell you the truth it gets me more confused than I think its worth. Am I overlooking something?

And btw, thanks for hangin in there with me

16. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Digidave...just spent an hour of my life in the Cover Design tutorial. If you understand what it is telling un about how to make a cover for a photo Cd you area better man than I.

But you did get me to the right place and for that I have to thank you

17. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

From here on out Bud, all I can tell you is just play around with it & you'll get the hang of it. You can't really screw anything up. You might waste a little paper,but just chalk that up to, the cost of learning. Nero really is a great program & I'm learning new stuff all the time. And loving it to, buy the way!! So, with that said,good luck & enjoy.

18. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Hate to admit it digidave but you were right. I am reding up on the tutorials from the left side of the SmartStart start up screen and little by little I'm getting there.

Today I was able to make a jewel box cover aith a picture on it. I felt so proud! Tomorrow I'll move onto making one of those round disc lables....damn though if I can think how I'm going to attach it to the disc. Can you tell me that or you going to make me find out that on my own too?

Boy, you're a hard one!

19. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

Actually, you don't want paper labels on a CD. I did that & they are all bad now. Just go buy a marker made special for CD's. I found one at Wal-Mart or somewhere like that. You'll find them in the same area as the blank CD's.

20. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Got the pen in hand. Thanks. Now if you can help me with my next problem.

Can NeroExpress in addition to copying to a CD also list what is on that CD. I had Roxio's Easy CD/DVD Creator and it was able to do that. Actually it printed a Cover and on the back of the cover it listed the names of the files. Kinda neat I thought. I just didn't like Roxio

Thanks for any help offered