1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero recode2 problems after latest update .

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by dlc2000, Jan 12, 2005.

1. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi ScubaPete,

I hope this next release of Nero Recode addresses all the issues that have been brought to our attention. I pray. :)

Hi MickDB,

We no longer have issues with XP SP2, at least not with our software directly. I can not say that XP SP2 may not be affecting some other software which in turn is affecting our software. If you could provide copy of the file generated by our Nero InfoTool, this will give me something to start with, as far as trying to isolate the cause of the problem.

Hi Trom,

You should not have these duplicate files in the Nero Recode folder. I would suggest you use the Nero Clean tool to uninstall Nero Recode, and Nero Vision, and then download our Package #2 and install and see if this clears that up. (But then again, if it ain't broke dont fix it, is a very good standard to live by. :))

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

2. leroy151

leroy151 Member

noob question here
    According to the guide below there should be (“Recode DVDs and Videos to Nero Digital” or “Recode Main Movie to Nero Digital) in recode 2 but in my recode 2 (nero ultra 6.6.0.12 with the 2 newest updates I dont have the nero digital options only the first three options? Any Ideas?

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/encode_files_for_psp_nero_recode.cfm

3. leroy151

leroy151 Member

oops double post
    thanks for any help

Last edited: May 10, 2005
  4. leroy151

leroy151 Member

thanks Trom

Last edited: May 10, 2005
  5. Trom

Trom Regular member

leroy151,

I did not see you last message before you deleted it and the link you provide did not work for me so I will just answer your first question regarding the extra options in Nero Recode. Apart from uninstalling and reinstalling Nero and applying the new updates one method that has been mentioned in this thread and works is to open up Nero Vision Express and enter in your Nero Digital universal plug-in serial number. If you load Nero Startsmart and click on the bottom right most button(the flame) you can check what serial numbers have been entered. Entering the uni plug-in no. should have the effect of displaying the 2 missing options in Nero Recode.

6. michi90

michi90 Member

Very interesting what Trom posted.
    I have a second 'dvddisc.dll' in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter.
    On my system (ME) I renamed (first time I deleted) 'dvddisc.dll' in C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero Recode.
    I believe that for some it's dvddisc.dll and others ndvddisc.dll is a question of different Windows Systems.
    On 9X/ME 'dvddisc.dll' is double.
    On XP 'ndvddisc.dll' is double.

I still use NVE 3.1.0.0.b, becaue I have a 56k/modem.
    Maybe someone who uses NVE 3.1.0.0.d could post how many 'dvddisc.dll/ndvddisc.dll' files he can find in C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero Recode and C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter ?

7. Laura_e

Laura_e Member

I am using NVE 3.1.0.0.d and have one dvddisc.dll and one ndvddisc.dll in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter. In C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero Recode I also have one of each as well. I am using windows 2000. Hope this helps you.

8. Trom

Trom Regular member

michi90,
    I updated all my Nero apps to the current versions and I also have a 56k modem. Do it overnight. Use a d/l manager an set it to shutdown the computer when the d/l is finished. It took about 2.5 - 3 hrs to get everything.

9. TDY

TDY Member

I also updated to the latest version that is posted on Nero's website and No problems with all applications.They finally did it right .....

10. MrGiles

MrGiles Member

ok,,, now I have problems... I also updated to newer versions, and now when I want to encode dvd to Mpeg4 it bounces me back to the startsmart menu,,, whats that all about ????

does anyone else have this problem... also when I play an Mpeg4 it keeps saying I must purchase the retail version.. due to licensing retstrictions... I have a retail version... what is up with that ???

let me hear from someone,,,, I have contacted Nero, but of course they haven't gotten back to me... so now what... I don't usually ask for help,,,, BUT HELP/////

this is my first post.....

I have Nero Ultra Edition... that is supposed to be everything...

Last edited: May 15, 2005
  11. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

it might be a serial key issue , have a look at page 6 of this thread to see if maybe it fits your issue .

12. TDY

TDY Member

I had no problems creating an Mpeg 4 video of The Incredibles also burned it to a cd disc......

Last edited: May 15, 2005
  13. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

Tried out the Recode (2.2.6.16) installed by the latest Nero Vision Express (3.1.0.7) and there is still the layer break issue causing Packet Header Not Found/Check Condition: Logical Block Address Out Of Range. Recode is still placing a layer break in the files even for DVD-5 image contents. Image recorder target only. Writing files to Hard Disk Folder is still safe.

And, while this issue wasn't addressed in the changelog :) I just wanted to point this one out, too. That Recode still is unable to handle multiple virtual drives as inputs. It gets confused and can't read from either source. Failed To Read From Drive %s\.

14. gzjarg

gzjarg Member

HEY! i got the same problem! it's also my first post...the same thing happens when i try to do it from StartSmart...I went to Nero StartSmart because I don't have the Nero Digital options in Recode 2!! (convert dvd to nero digital and the other one!)....CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!..I have these versions of Nero:

Nero Burning ROM --- 6.6.0.12
    Nero Recode 2 ---- 2.2.6.16

I checked Nero's website and found out there are 2 updates (Burning ROM to 6.6.0.13 and Recode to 2.2.6.16e....
    downloading these updates fixes the problem??????

I have Ultra Edition...should i download both update packs?? I'M DESPERATE...HELP!!!

Last edited: May 25, 2005
  15. gzjarg

gzjarg Member

does ANYONE have an answer to this particular problem!!??

I HAVE PROBLEMS WHEN PLAYING MY DVD ON A SOFTWARE DVD PLAYER!!

I haven't tried to play my DVD made with Recode on a standalone player...what I do is, I make an image file of the DVD and mount it or record it..and try to play it on my PC with PowerDVD...when it loads and I try to play different features (bonus, behind the scnes, etc..) it SHUTS OFF the program...WITH SOME DVD MOVIES IT SHUTS OFF THE PROGRAM WITHOUT EVEN LOADING!!! and this happens on almost every software player i've seen (bsplayer, powerdvd, vlc media player, media player classic)...the only one that does not do that is in Windows Media Player (which I HATE)...

PLEASE HELP!! is there something wrong with Recode?? or is it me??
    I've never had this problem with other programs for copying dvd's!

16. bonefly

bonefly Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum, so bear with me if this is in the wrong place or discussion.

I'm trying to get help with Nero 6, Vision Express 3, as we are having problems with projects and .nvc files. We are creating slideshows with audio music, putting on the titles etc and then burning to a DVD. Fine, that works, but when we try and put another slideshow onto the same DVD, it tells us that we have to erase the first project and then it will work.

This is not what we want to do, we want to be able to put several slideshows onto a DVD. Within Nero, there is a contents box, that should allow us to put more than one slideshow in, but because the system seems to save the project as NVC, (not giving us an option to save anywhere else) when trying to bring it over into the contents box, it won't do it.. .therefore not allowing us to create more than one slideshow that we want to disc.

We tried burning two projects to the disc, but this just copied them over and then wouldn't play either in Nero or Windows Media Manager as it didn't recognise the file extention. I've sent an email to NERO, but they haven't responded yet.

Does anyone have any ideas, we have over 1500 digital images of the Bahamas that we would like to set to music and save onto a couple of DVDS/CDs, but without being able to put more than 1 project into the contents, it will be wasted effort. I'm not a computer wizard, so any response needs to be basic information... ie. parrot fashion as I can follow straight forward commands. I've tried to explain the situation as best I can, but I am sure someone will tell me its rubbish...

Any help would be appreciated...

Many thanks in advance

17. uziclip

uziclip Member

[bold]MickDB said[/bold]
    "The selected files do not contain a valid DVD identifier. Are you sure these are DVD files?"

I get the same error when I attempted to access a VIDEO_TS folder on my hard drive using my Desktop. I also had problems with this particular folder on my Notebook using RecordNow 7. The error says there is a format problem in the VIDEO_TS folder. So I figure let me try another source just to be sure. I put a burned DVD into my Desktop and try Recode again and it pulled from the VIDEO_TS folder with no problem. I concluded that there is something wrong with that particular VIDEO_TS folder.

Now I don't know much about DVD files but I downloaded a movie that came in the form of a bunch of files like so: ms3d4-dtn.nfo, md3d4-dtn.r00, & ms3d4-dtn.rar, etc. I used WinRar and converted the .rar file to a .img file. Then, without knowing what the hell I was doing, I changed (I read this somewhere in a forum) the .img extension to .iso. Then used WinRar to convert it to the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders. I figured I was doing this right. But when I tried to Recode it that is when I got the "valid DVD identifier" error. So I figured I did something wrong in converting it. Now I do not know how to get it to a DVD. I just want to play my movie. Boo Hoo!!

Can someone help this novice watch his DVD?

18. DigPhoGuy

DigPhoGuy Member

While trying to create a slide show using NVE3, I am getting the following error message:

NeroVision.exe - Application Error

"The instruction at "0x00746d04" referenced memory at "0x01b32008". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program."

I have spent the last three weeks conversing via email with them. Their response is that my recorders need firmware updates. I've updated everything I can think of, removed anything remotely resembling Roxio, InCD, and have spent hours (literally) trying to get this to work. Nothing. The program starts, I load in a few pics, click the preview button and the error comes up. Now though, it seems to just stop responding altogether and takes me back to the home splash screen.

I'm stumped and looking for other software to make the slide shows. The problem is, I've done lots of shows up to this point and some were in the process of looking real good. I did bride parties and weddings and had a good thing going. I've kept abreast of the updates and downloaded every one. Much to my dismay. now I'm finding others are having the problem too. I've tried ASPI drivers thinking I screwed up something. I've looked in the registry and removed all of what people say might be keeping this from working. Their only response is: "Update your recorders" which I have done according to the manufacturers. I have all the current firmware installed. I've sent them all the log files and info tool they've asked for.

I'm going to crack if I don't get some answers on this soon. All my work for the past, and now I can't even open up a saved project and resume work.

I've read many comments regarding Recode 2, and maybe I'm posting to the wrong group here, but perhaps one of you could give me some direction. I'm really over this one! I'd send the burning log, but it's empty!

What to do, what to do!

19. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi DigPhoGuy,

I've read your post and here's what I want you to do.

1. List your burner specs and the firmware you have loaded so that I can check to see if there isn't something higher.

2. Since you mentioned that you had Roxio, I want you to do the following, Run the following proggy to remove all of the Roxio tendrils and tentacles and do a complete "Clean uninstall" of Nero then a reinstall of Nero from the ground up.

Here you go:

a ScubaPete guide for Uninstalling Roxio and Nero,

"WHOAH there partner, I didn't say I wanted to get rid of Nero ~" No, you didn't. BUT if you had Nero on your PC along with Roxio then Nero almost assuredly has a corrupted file or 3. Just in case, so matters don't go "downhill," let's get everything up and running and in perfect shape. To do so, let's do a "CLEAN UNINSTALL" with Nero and then install it in perfect condition.

You say you have Roxio. Roxio is, IMO, the worst program you can have on your PC if you wish to work with DVD Video. It does it's best to trash almost every other DVD backup proggy there is except DVD Shrink. One extremely good program, Nero, is one that Roxio messes with the most. True there are a very few pple who have them both on their PC BUT by far, the vast majority of pple who have had them both on their PC's have had major headaches and have had to get rid of Roxio. As I'm sure any search through our threads will show you it's a wise decision. Even getting rid of Roxio is a problem as it weaves itself all through your system and you require a special proggy to get rid of it even after you've uninstalled it.

We're here because you've probably had trouble burning that can be traced to our archenemy Roxio CD-Creator or one of his henchmen.

The best way to rid our selves of Roxio is remove him through "Control Panel", "Add and Remove Programs".

After you've done that, I'm thinking you haven't gotten all of Roxio, actually you haven't, you need to run this -
    Remove all types of Roxio tentacles and tendrils with Roxio Zapper -

Find it here: http://www.microadvantage.net/downloads/zapper60.zip

Once you've done that, reboot your PC to "flush everything out of your PC's system :)

Now, again, you must uninstall Nero COMPLETELY.

This will help you do a "clean" uninstall.

You must use all of Nero's Clean tools in order to do the job correctly.

They can all be found here:

http://www.nero.com/us/631940828445001.htm

General Clean tool
    Registry cleaner and driver cleaner
    InCD Clean tool

When you reinstall Nero 6 DO NOT install InCD OR if you do, turn it off in msconfig (better to not install it) it can and does cause problems with other proggys.

Load Nero up from here:

http://www.ahead.de/us/nero6-ultraedition.php

When installing and uninstalling programs it's a good practice to complete the operation with a PC reboot. It only takes a minute, help it can, hurt it won't.

Whenever you're uninstalling a program, it's a good practice to reboot your PC (even if it's not called for) to help "Flush" the program out. By the same token, when you install a program, it's a good practice to reboot your PC (even though it doesn't call for it) to help the "New" guy "Settle" it in.

Now that we've done that (I know it's a "Pain" but when it's done correctly the first time and all the steps are followed then we don't have problems AND we don't have to do it all over again.

IF YOU DO ALL OF THE STEPS (and didn't skip just one that "couldn't possibly" make a bit of difference) THEN, WE SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO - YIPPIEEE ! !

3. I want you to go through the following:
    a. Run a Defrag on all of your Hard Drives.
    b. If you have an internal burner, Check your Burner's jumper's settings to make sure it is set as the Master on your secondary IDE cable.
    c. Check your IDE cables to see of they are 40-wire OR 80-wire cables

Attempt to start your project once again. If indeed you again have this error, I want you to post the Nero log in it's entirety.

If I cannot find and correct your problem, I will call in a Nero (Ahead) expert which we are lucky enough to have working with us, and have him look at your data. I have never seen him fail when attacking a Nero problem.

So, that is our game plan, what do you think ?

Ready to get down to business ?

Good !

~> Oooppps, almost forgot,
    Besides the information on your burner, I'll want your PC's specs, the media you're planning on using to burn too AND, I want you to go over all of your drivers and O/S and make sure they are all up-to-date with current updates, downloaded and installed.

There, that's it, . . . . Print this post out and use it for a check oiff sheet. Once we're done,. if things still refuse to behave for you, I'll call in my "Hired Gun" and Nero will then find out, "There's a "New Sheriff in town." -

Report back so that we can keep track of what you're doing . . . .

Cheers, My Friend, things are about to get better,

Pete

Last edited: Jun 10, 2005