1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero - SVCD Won't Play Via Menu, Only Autoplay

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Marmutman, Dec 25, 2003.

1. Marmutman

Marmutman Member

Hi,

I'm a GREENIE NEWBIE with an SVCD issue.

I've figured out how to create a nice looking menu and how to burn an SVCD. I CAN get the SVCD to play if I use: Automization / Autoplay / Action (and select the video file I want it to play).

However, if I don't do this, my DVD player just hangs and displays the menu. No buttons or actions on the DVD player will get it to play the file: only by creating the SVCD using the Automization settings.

QUESTIONS:
    1) Is this 'normal' for an SVCD, or should I be able to create buttons / menu's that are recognized by my DVD player?

2) I've looked all over Nero's website and manuals and I seem to be doing everything right...there are no special things that I can see that I have to do to 'activate' a menu or button such that pressing Play on the DVD remote control will equate to the SVCD playing a file or chapter etc.

3) Where can I go to find answers or detailed explanations as to why I can't get my menu buttons to function when burning an SVCD?

Nero Version: 6
    DVD Burner: LG 4040b

2. Kaad_g

Kaad_g Member

I have the exact same problem. I hope there is an answer.

I made a SVCD with chapters in NeroVision Express 2. My DVD player sees the chapters but I am unable to access them at all. I have to hit the "previous" button just to play the movie. The chapters (or menus?) are worthless. Is this a DVD player specific problem or software?

Kaad_g