1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero- used to be good- now it is not.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by chevnoire, Sep 26, 2007.

1. chevnoire

chevnoire Member

Fastest way to make a drink coaster? Use Nero to burn something- anything...Want to waste you dvd media? Use Nero.

I wasted so many dvd's on Nero that I thought my burner went bad- til I switched to a free burn software cdburnerxp 4 - which flawlessly burns what i need. No coasters.
    Nero aint !@#$ anymore.

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I feel your pain with Nero and although I have it, I typically use the free stuff. Imgburn is highly recommended as well. There could be things that have made your burner and Nero not get along though that aren't necessarily Nero's fault. If you wish to post a burn log we could look at it and try and get Nero to work for you again.

3. chevnoire

chevnoire Member

Sorry I got so disgusted with Nero - that after the last mess o' wasted burns I just reformatted and loaded a fresh Windows install to be rid of it all at once. I don't have any burn logs or anything. I liked a few of the features Nero had in here like the Showtime player but -when the software starts doing weird things other than the jobs it is supposed to do- going from MAster of Burning to Jack of All Trades- something got lost in the shuffle.

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Remember if you use the custom install feature you can pick and choose which features you install and which ones don't show up. The majority of the non burning and video features were never installed on my system. Keep it simple and avoid InCD like the plauge. Just my suggestion.

5. digbert90

digbert90 Member

I have been using nero for the last 16 yrs and have had no issues with it from burning original PS1 games to the current nero 7 burning DVD's with absolutely no errors, bear in mind there are a lot of antivirus programs that do affect nero's performance hence the reason Ahead have patches available on their website to correct those issues.
    also ensure your cd burner firmware is current and upto date this in itself causes coasters not necessarily the fault of the burning program.
    I use dvd shrink fab-dvd decrypter and nero and get perfect dvd's everytime.