1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision 4's Create Chapters Messes Up

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by onawire, Mar 21, 2007.

1. onawire

onawire Member

I searched but couldn't find exactly what my problem is with Nero Vision so maybe someone can help me out.

I'm having some problems with Nero Vision 4's chapter menu selection. When I select a chapter to jump to it does go to that chapter, but the chapter messes up and pixelizes until it goes back in sync with the rest of the movie.

The rest of the movie encodes beautifully, but the selected chapter (or when it automatically moves to the next chapter) messes up by freezing for a moment followed by pixelization. I noticed it pixelizing when I encoded it to the drive (instead of wasting a bunch blank dvds).

Although, I'm not doing it this way: Choosing More and checking on "Create chapters automatically". I had nero create chapter points (located under edit movie it says "create chapters"), but when doing it that way it actually shows up on the menu, which is what I want. I did try and have nero create chapters automatically by selecting that option in "more" and granted it seemed to come out fine when I'd skip to the next chapter. But like I said I want the individual chapters to show up on the menu. If just selecting that option in "more" it doesn't come up in the menu.

These are the settings I currently have.
    The video file was originally an AVI but I converted it to VOB with WinAVI because when I first burned it during playback the movie would flicker pixelization. Meaning one frame would be crystal clear the next would be pixelized. After converting it to VOB it no longer does that. Now the only problem is the chapter selection.

I know I could just give up on the chapter menu but I really wanted to keep it because I hate fast forwarding and the menu looks so plain without it. Is there anything else I could possible do to fix this?

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I am not sure exactly what you want to do, but the menu may be a little confusing. You have a title menu and chapter menus below that. If you only have one title, there may be an option to not make a title menu, but I can't remember.

Title menus are made for each video on the content screen. If you put two videos in there, you get two buttons on the title menu. If you add chapters directly, or go to the editing window and add videos there, then add chapters, those chapter menus are shown as a sub-menu from the title menu. You can put as many as 12, I believe, buttons on one menu page, that might keep you from having to go through 5 pages worth.

As far as the transitions, other folks have mentioned problems such as yours. Is this happening after burning (image or DVD), or just during the encoding process? You might try the single pass encoding to see if it helps since the 2-pass incorporates a Variable Bit Rate scheme that could be involved.

3. onawire

onawire Member

The problem is not the chapters on the menu itself. It's just if you check that little box under the "more" button at the bottom of the screen it won't add the chapters to the menu. The way I have the menu set up I only want four thumbnails on the menu - that's why there's 5 pages (there's technically 19 chapters). But that's not the problem I'm having.

The problem is when you click on that thumbnail it goes to that chapter, but when it does that part of the video either slows down, freezes or pixelizes while the audio runs in the background. I've seen it do that during encoding/burning and once it's burned to the drive it still does it. When burned to a disc it does it also. Also, I've noticed that the smart encoding feature will not work during those chapter points during encoding which is why I think it screws up the video. I have smart encoding on enabled, but like I said when it hits those specific parts it stops working until it gets passed those points. Is there anyway to get it to work on them?