1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Vision Express

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by MeganB, Feb 19, 2007.

1. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

Anybody else notice a lack of movie edit fram or "seconds" accuracy when tryiny to splice two segments of video. or enven when trying to place chapter mark? I notice a lot of frame inaccuracy in this area. example; edit @ 0:51:13:12. I asume the last digits are not frames as they jump too far. but even so, as 1/100 of a frame, they move around too much. In one pass forward with either mouse scroll wheel or up/down arrows it may be where I want it then not the next time if say I came at it from reverse. Is this just the inperfection of the software? As soon as I learn Adobe Premiere Pro better I will move my work over to there. But for now I guess it's NeroVision or Pinnacle Studio.

2. su_als

su_als Guest

Hi,

Have Nero 7 Ultra Edition Enhanced. Trying to make a slide show with Nero Vision 4. The trouble comes when I try to add audio narration.It comes up backwards or it will repeat and carry over to the next picture.
    I don't want to waste the money that I paid for this but I'm about ready to give it a toss.
    Does anyone have any ideas? I'm new to this so I would appreciate any help.

3. MeganB

MeganB Member

Just wanted to post what became my solution, in case anyone having the same problem I described in my original post else pulls up this thread looking for a solution.

I ended up taking my Nero version that came with my burner off the computer. I thought I'd try the free Nero trial of 7.0 and if I liked it, I'd purchase it.

I couldn't even get the free trial installed, it kept freezing during installation and crashing my system. I must have tried five times (I had run all the Nero clean tools and all of the previous version was off).

I decided that if I couldn't make the trial version run, there was no way I was going pay for it. Thanks for nothing, Nero. You just lost a customer who was very willing to pay for a good product. Trouble is that you don't offer a good product.

I have a friend who had the full version of 6.0.18. It has done everything I ask with no problems. I'll never upgrade to the non-functioning 7.0 version.

4. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

Is Nero's "Ultra" Edition the highest on their product food chain as opposed to "Premium" version? If so, whould Nero Premium 7.5 have any advantages over v7.0.1.2? Can my Ultra v7.0.1.2 be updated to v7.7.5.1 without loosing any saved settings and most importently, using origional Serials for all added features such as PM3 Pro?

In NeroVision, what is the last time block measuring? If it is supposed to be hundredths of a second, whay cant I get ti to lock in at 00, 01, or 03? Can it be configured to measure frames like in Pinnacle Studio or Premiere Elements?

I did switch to Pinnacle Studio 10.7 as it's the only sourse I have to capture to HDD and Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 to edit MPEG2 projects as Premiere Pro 2.0 doesn't preffer that format. I will keep NeroVision 4 as it is the app I am used to for now if I really need to get it to DVD as I'm still learning the other 2 apps.

5. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

Help! I need to encode AVI video (Xvid) I can't compress it to any degree. I onloy need to come down from 715mb to to fit CD VCD vide. A 689mb AVI file seams to require more then what can fit a VCD. I want to compress AVI to fit a VCD. What apps in Nero can transcode Xvid to MPEG or something NeroVision can shrink and edit?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  6. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Nerovision. Select SVCD or VCD as the project type. You may not be able to fit onto a single CD. It may require more than one. xvid is already very compressed compared to mpeg. The best solution is to purchase a dvd player that also plays divx files. You can then just burn your AVIs as data to a disk and pop it into your player.

7. NuckNFuts

NuckNFuts Regular member

As a test, I moved a AVI movie file to a CF card that my set top Divx player accepts and it did not see it, just the MPEG files that were already on there. Is viewing from the CF card the same as playing from CD as data? Can it just be converted back to MPEG2 for compatibility? What format should I use to get a complete movie (1.5hrs +) on a single CD as VCD? I was gavin some with good picture and sound and fit the entire CD as only 500+ mb.

8. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Most of the time, movies are spread to 2 SVCD disks.

You can always convert the AVI to be DVD compliant with Nerovision or another program.

I've never used a player that accepts CF so I don't know about that. Not all players play all divx/xvid formats so you'll need to investigate what your player accepts.