1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero won't accept my 48KHz mp2 files

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Joffer, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Joffer

Joffer Guest

I've got a lot of vcd flicks I want to put on a dvd. I went through the VCD-on-DVD guide, and demuxed my mpg/vcd-dat files and recoded the audio to 48KHz. I know try to add both audio and video tracks in nero 6 but just gives me a "not supported" error.. any clues? I tried to mux the tracks back together but TMPGEnc don't like my .mp2 files either... ?

any clues?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You Can NOT use Nero to put VCD"s on DVD or put any Video Files on DVD because Nero 6 is Not a DVD authoring Program....If you want to Put VCD"s on to DVD-R you will have to use a DVD authoring Program to add Menu"s and Chapters and to Format it all into a Video_TS Folder and then if you wanted to you Could use Nero To Burn the "Video_TS" Folder to DVD-R in DVD-Video Mode but the DVD authoring Program will also have the Feature to Burn the Video_TS Folder to DVD-R...One of the Simplest DVD Authoring Programs available that will Accept your VCD Video and your 48000hz Mp2 audio files to Make a DVD is "Tmpgenc DVD Author" (Different from the encoder)...You can download a 30 day demo at the same Place you get Tmpgenc the encoder.....Cheers
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2004
  3. Joffer

Joffer Guest

OK. thanks. I read the article/review about DVD-lab and are trying it now.. Will also look into "Tmpgenc DVD Author" :)