1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero6 DVD_Video Red Video_TS Folder Symbol

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JohnF, Feb 6, 2004.

1. JohnF

JohnF Member

Hi Readers,
    Reference http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burning_dvd_with_nero.cfm

What does the red color on the open VIDEO_TS folder mean?

Does it mean red=stop there is a problem?

I have succcessfully copied a dvd to dvd-rw TDK using dvdshrink and direct burn to nero within dvdshrink.
    It created a bunch of files in a temporary folder.
    I now want to burn a second copy of the same dvd to a dvd-r. What do I do with the files in the temporary folder?
    I followed the guide above to dvd-video in nero, but the burnt dvd-r disk IMATION wont allow itself to be played by my computer. When using my sony dvd player the player wont read the dvd saying copy is dirty meaning theres something wrong with the the disk. Do I have media problem here?
    Copy I do copy dvd in nero and copy a dvd-rw to a dvd-r?

Any help most welcome. John

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

If you still have all VOB/BUP/IFO files , just open Nero Burning Rom (I use Nero 6 Ultra).
    Choose DVD option , then DVD-Video [hit NEW button]... when you see the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS folders - double click on the red VIDEO_TS folder in the furthest left column.
    Then add all the VOB/BUP/IFO files into empty column 2nd from the left (which is the VIDEO_TS folder).
    Hit burn & Bob's your Uncle : )
    [burn without multi-session btw].

peace
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    When you consider that human hair is typically between 50-100 microns and a Rizla Silver paper is just 20, that's very thin indeed[/small]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2004
  3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi JohnF,

Thats the normal color.

Follow this guide, it might make things a bit clearer:

http://dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php

You may indeed have a media problem or possibly a bad burn. Download this tool and check your disc for write errors:

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/download/dvdinfo2.zip

If you want to do a disc to disc copy, open Nero Express, select "copy entire disc", place your burned copy in your DVD-Rom and a blank in your burner, select these from the source and desination menus and burn.
    Thats one way to do it, you need to tell us what your system specs are and what version of Nero you are using. More information is always helpful.
    Frank

4. JohnF

JohnF Member

Thanks so much herbsman and fasfrank.

I have yet to fix my problem but I have now gone out and bought a few more blank dvd's to see if I have a media problem or if my Sony player (an NS415 sim to 530S) is the culprit.

Herbsman - I did what you told me, so I'm on track. Now I'll do it again with different media and see what happens. My Nero is 6.0.0.28

Reference this guide http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/nero.htm
    Why is this person burning to a dvd udf/iso? When you do it in Nero nero warns your burnt dvd wont play?
    Why is ISO a special mode in DVDshrink for <4.36Gb? Whats so special about ISO? What is ISO? Why doesnt ISO work for >4.36Gb? Any links that explain would be welcome.

Fasfrank
    Are there any problems in nero when doing a dvd copy BY copying from a DVD-RW to a DVD-r. I know its a dumb question and it probably is all transparent to the user, but will it work for nobrainers? The same question applies to say dvd-r to dvd+r or other nonconsistent tranfers. My burner is a Pioneer a06.

I have heard some disparaging remarks about the brand name players being fussy players and I can support that from my experience.My Sony has no problems with shop DVD videos but it frequently complains about my own. Yet they play on friends dvd players.As a newbie in this area I am trying to detect the problem - my lack of knowledge/experience or media or something else

5. herbsman

My Sony DVP-NS305 (entry level player) plays everything (but SVCD) & I couldn't have been happier.
    The reason I say happier & not happy cos now a new Silver v9 PS2 w/ DMS3 Chip is main player in the front room ... so I can play XviD or DivX (.avi) on CD-R using PS2 Reality Media Player.

The best media I find at the moment , for reliability & price is Ritek X4 (GO4) DVD-R btw !!

ISO is just an image file (of whatever) , if you have a movie under 4.37Gb then you can use DVD Decrypter in : ISO Read , then ISO Write mode(s).
    You can watch the image file on the PC if you have a virtual drive.

Site w/ compatibilty chart for stand alone DVD Players : http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers....S415&Submit=Search&Search=Search&orderby=Name

6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi John,

I just finished taking a copy I had burned to two R/W discs and burning them to a single +R disc.
    I used Shrink to make two folders, one with the first half of the movie and then another with the second half.
    I then compiled both folders using Shrink again and burned the results to the +R disc with Shrink's Nero burn feature.

Once the video files are on your hard drive, the source disc format is no longer an issue. If your burner is compatible with the blank media, then there shouldn't be a problem.

7. reeve

reeve Member

I burned a coupke of dvd this week, using dvd shrink and nero 6, how ever i tried top burn and rip a dvd from [no mention of piracy - thanks] and got an illegal disc error in nero, now when i try to burn some of the dvds previously burnt the week before i am gettig the sam error, any ideas?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2004
  8. JohnF

JohnF Member

Thanks so much herbsman and fasfrank.

Why Nero has a red folder icon is beyond me. I wasted much time trying get info on what it means. Must be a joke for dummies.

Reeve -- sorry cant help. Im too green still.

Had success with nero disc copy dvd-rw to dvd-r .... no problems as expected. I like the latest Nero 6303.

Back to my earlier query -- dvd iso or dvd udf/iso --Reference this guide http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/nero.htm
    Why is this person burning to a dvd udf/iso?

Im really enjoying this ripping -- dvdinfopro is good too. Many thanks again John

9. herbsman

As to Chris's site & Nero guide , he added that a while ago (being helpful).
    But he actually uses RecordNow , as you will also see in Chris's guide section.

DVD-Video is the mode within Nero 6 to choose , trust me ... I actually burn with it !!: )

[why is it Red , so it stands out perhpas].

10. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

actually I believe the designers at Ahead meant for the Video_TS folder to be red to get your attention as since it is the only folder you need when creating DVDs using Nero.. you dont need the Audio_TS folder thus it has no outstanding color..

Making the Video_TS folder RED could simply be Nero's way of saying HEY YOU NEED the files in that directory!

11. herbsman

I've heard that Mr.Shrink has gone to work for Ahead (Nero) , proves that there are some sensible people there !: ]-~