1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero7- will burn CDs, but not DVDs on the fly

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by nsga, Mar 7, 2007.

1. nsga

nsga Member

I can burn cds no problem, but not dvds on the fly. It starts the process and then I keep getting a power failure message. The solutions Nero gives are 1)update the recorder from manufacturer (Its a Sony Vaio) I did that,I have the latest driver, or they say 2) recorder is defective have it repaired, but it burns cds no problem. What do you think the problem is? Can DVDs be copied 'on the fly'? Any suggestion is appreciated.

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

In my experience, copying DVDs on the fly has never been a good strategy, especially if they are copy protected. It's better to just rip it to your hard disk and then burn to a blank. It may be a hardware failure causing your problems, it may be a media problem, or any number/combination of other things. Can you burn DVDs at all from ripped files (not on the fly)?

3. nsga

nsga Member

I will try that, I did burn SAW 2 a year ago after ripping it, but not with NERO. I was mainly interested in making backup copies of home movies I just put on DVDs from VHS, which was a lot of work from a lot of tapes! I was lazy and just wanted to make the back-up copy from dvd to dvd on the fly!

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

I see the point of what you're wanting to do. Many sytems just seem to have problems with on the fly for whatever reason. I don't even try any more or even think about doing it, since I never knew if it was going to work or not. It wasn't worth the couple of minutes it'd save.

5. nsga

nsga Member

Thanks for taking the time to help.

6. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

You're welcome.