1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero's gone mad with my new dvd rom

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fionab, Jan 9, 2005.

1. fionab

fionab Guest

I have the latest version on nero on my computer and have backed up many many dvd's using nero dvd shrink and css region free.Today i purchased a new dvd rom (liteon)and when i tried to copy a dvd nero tells me cannot copy this disc to dvd i was trying to copy this on the fly as i usually do.i am stumped and quite new to this i hope someone has an idea of what the problem is.another message also said no tracks detected.please help me.

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

The latest version of Nero seems to be buggy with some drives, not allowing on the fly copying.

There's another thread with a bit of info on this. Seems to be that the only way to resolve is to get a compatible drive or roll back to an older version.

Here's the thread...
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/121408

3. fionab

fionab Guest

ok well i do have another Problem now
    ooolala.I purchased new dvd rom because old one just stop working after 3 months and 5 region changes .The drive was not accesible.I was burning all the time with nero 6 on the old rom i want it back can i fix that problem it was an lg dvd rom -i hope this makes sense to you all out there.thanks any advice is appreciated

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

You can only change the region setting so many times, but luckily for us there are programs that can trick the PC into thinking it's region free.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/anydvd.cfm

This is the one I'll recommend that you buy. It seems to be able to handle the issues with some of the newer movies as well. It has a free trial, and I think you'll decide to keep it.