1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerovision 3 (3.0.1.27) Text Font Size For Buttons

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by niemand, Feb 1, 2005.

1. niemand

niemand Guest

Hope I posted in the correct area for question. I do love this forum. Just joined.

Created my first DVD using Nerovision 3. Everything worked out fine. The only thing I cant figure out is how to increase the text font size. The size for text under the buttons is not readable on some due to text being so small. The font size of the header text looks just fine. I get different results using different buttons but text never seems large enough.

Unable to find any answer searching this forum.

2. jrisch

jrisch Member

By default NVE scales the text to fit in the area it has allowed for the button.

First try upping the button size using a different layout, i.e. the two button ones allow a bigger area per button than smaller. Also with the text to the side seems to allow more text.

Second, click on the "More" button when editing the template and select "Font Height Calculation Mode" to custom from automatic. You'll now find the font height set to that the heading text appears in, and it probably won't fit in the button area. Now you adjust it with the Font option till it does fit.

Its all unsatisfactory, but NVE works as a "Quick and Dirty" and is pretty inflexible. You can create your own buttons with any bitmap editor, and hence create a wide button to allow a bigger text area. That has two colours that have specific meanings, green is where the button image appears and red is the transparency for the surround.

Hope this helps a bit. The NVE menu editor is pretty infuriating most of the time.

Regards, jrisch

3. niemand

niemand Guest

jrisch thanks a bunch. You hit the nail on the head. I wen't right to "select "Font Height Calculation Mode" to custom from automatic" and that was like night and day. I also then tried the different button modes. I now have a real cool looking menu.

Thanks again for the reply

4. jrisch

jrisch Member

You're welcome! jrisch