1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NeroVison Express 3 menu set-up help PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by flrlizard, Jul 1, 2005.

1. flrlizard

flrlizard Member

I am trying the set up a DVD in the following format. I would like it to have a title screen that gives the viewer to option of viewing the entire DVD or the option of viewing the chapters menu and POSSIBLY "bonus features", etc. How do I do this. I just started working with this program and am impressed with the ease-of-use but have had trouble figuring out how to do this seemingly simple task. Any help is appreciated and any suggestion on other programs that may do such a thing with the eas-of-use of NeroVision is appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2005
  2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Welcome to Afterdawn!
    BTW you shouldn't post your e-mail address as it is not allowed here.
    You can edit it out by clicking on the small icon at the top of your post.

NVE won't let you make two menus. You can have one for the chapters and thats it. You need DVD Lab. It can create an intro menu or screen that will lead you to more menus. It is a bit more complex but does have a good set of instructions. There is a 30 day trial.

http://www.mediachance.com

3. flrlizard

flrlizard Member

thanks for the information. Both on the program and on the posting etiquette for afterdawan.
    I do have DVD-lab pro but found it to be too complex. Is there a guide that will show me exactly how to do what I need it to do?
    Thanks again for your help...

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

The help file is extensive and should have all the information you need.

http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/Help/index.htm

The Afterdawn guide helps as well:http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvdlab_review.cfm

From the guide:

"Starting a new project
    Unlike most of the low-cost DVD authoring software on the market, DVD-lab features a "professional" user interface. It takes a while for an unexperienced user to figure out where to start."

This is true. However once you get it figured out you will find out that it is not all that difficult.
    I printed the help file so I would have a reference to use while learning the program.

5. Samuelzen

Samuelzen Member

Concerning DVD-Lab, I was on their web site and was wondering. It says their isn't any video capture or audio encoding (or something like that). Why do I need audio encoding? If I used Turtle Beach's Video Advantage PCI card and Power Director software to capture my video from my camcorder (analog), or from my VCR, would I then have a file which I could bring into DVD-Lab and edit and burn it to DVD using DVD-Lab and end up with a DVD with good video and syncronized audio which will play on most all DVD players?