1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networking help!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by pspweazl, Jun 29, 2011.

1. pspweazl

pspweazl Member

So essentially what I have is Comcast broadband internet connect to a newer Netgear 300Mbs wireless router hooked up in my basement. So here is the problem......its not enough! I have connected via hardwire 3 X-box 360's and one PC, also connected wirelessly a laptop, a PS3, 2 PC's and at any given time up to 5 wireless phones. We have problems while gaming (usually there are 3 to 4 systems running online gaming at the same time) with losing connections, slowed speeds, etc., etc. Also with the router being in the basement the upstairs items get low connection speeds and weakened signal and if the router is moved upstairs the stuff in the basement gets the same.

Basically I am looking for some advice into how to set up a faster, stronger network. Maybe someone knows of a good article on the net or has some info for me.

I was thinking about getting 2 routers and connecting them together (read an article about all of this) with one upstair and one down, but not sure this is my best option.

Any advice as always is greatly appreciated.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if can run a cable to upstairs from basement router to a new router then do it as that is how mine is setup. run line from 1 of the lan ports in basement router to the wan port of new router.