1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new gamecube modchip

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Warini, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Warini

Warini Member

2. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

not much...none the other chips are even worth looking into. once one besides viper has it's own bios then maybe it'll get interesting.

3. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Regular member

i get intrested mod chips when they're cheap and everything has been researched.

4. Artlover

Artlover Member

It's good to see other chips coming out. This helps put knowledge in everyone's hands. Thanks to Ripper and this chip, no longer is there a single arrogant website who's goal was hiding and denying information to spur their own profits.

However, with that said, as a chip, it's just a clone of tmbincs's chip. More complicated to install and offers no operational advantages over the existing chips. Not all that interesting on technical merit.

At this point in the game, I'd hold out for a real 2nd generation chip, and not concern myself with 1st generation clones. Unless they start dropping in price. As it stands they are still too expencive for what you are getting and 2nd gen chips shouldn't be that much further away. Atleast I hope they arn't. :)

5. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

yep, so basically, no one cares...let's move on to important matters:)

6. Artlover

Artlover Member

7. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

is this for real or some kind of hoax?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Heh it's real no doubt,they have a site and they have pretty decent information on the modchip.I wouldn't call it a hoax,they seem to be real to me.I know this must suck for the Viper peeps and Ripper peeps that want to upgrade.I also just read off maxconsole about the IDE/USB interface for the Cube so this is a good sign saying it is not fake.Nice...hearing good news alot lately for all the consoles.

9. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

It doesn't really matter much for me. I'm happy with my viper. My dres are finally diminishing and I don't mind swapping anyway. If not, I wouldn't have swap magic for PS2:)

But this is definitely good news for the GC community that so much interest is being poured into it lately.

I would say this chip is gonna carry a pretty hefty pricetag. So look out for that.

10. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yep,you are definately right about that I bet it is going to cost a chitload no doubt.Hopefully it doesn't cost more than the GameCube itself,because that would suck.I still think the Viper and the Ripper chip aren't bad like you said.Hey man if it works stick with it right,just saying if anyone wants to upgrade from a Viper or Ripper to this one.Doh,that would suck for real because it is making it double the risk of messing with your system.Desoldering and then soldering again is kinda harsh to a console if you ask me,but if you are really good with soldering it probably won't have a big effect on you if you upgrade.