1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New loader coming...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by shinji2k3, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

The ethernet cable could very well also be an issue. If you connect directly from the Gamecube to the PC make sure that you are using a cross-over cable. I suppose also that there is somewhat of a possibility that the BBA in the Gamecube could also be faulty.

2. Phil2000

Phil2000 Member

I have check other forums and the problem seem to be the NIC Cards. Router/Hub and cross cable seem to have the same result. Try to wait for about five minute, if the screen change, then it does work except it is streaming at 100 kb/s.

3. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

seems like I'm unable to set my NIC to autodetect for duplex...no?

[​IMG]

Any advice???

grtz

4. StoneRain

StoneRain Member

^I dont speak dutch, but is looks like to me you have a 10Mbit network card.

"PCI CARD 10"

5. ssjowowo

ssjowowo Member

i have two nics on my pc, the one used for internet connection and the other one i use for the gamecube..the one i was using for the gamecube so far could not load isos with the 100mbit option. then i tried my other nic and it worked..so it seems that some ethernet cards work with the 100mbit option and others dont (the one i managed to get the 100mbit option to work is a gigabit ethernet card, and the other 10/100mbit..i'm not sure if this has anything to do with it)

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

As a network professional I have worked with many NIC cards and in my experience 3Com seems to be the brand that I have had the fewest problems with short of the occassional out-of-box defect.

7. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

A word on the new loader... Not 100% yet but damned if it isn't 100% improvement over the last one. This is great! I'm now playing paper mario with almost no load times and just about zero choppiness. Doesn't work with all my images though :(

Hey Icemonkey, love your work buddy, great job on tutorials and such, but you say your a network professional and you used the term "NIC Card" LOL

In other words

[bold]N[/bold]etwork [bold]I[/bold]nterface [bold]C[/bold]ard, Card... he he

Thats like someone saying "PIN number"

[bold]P[/bold]ersonal [bold]I[/bold]dentification [bold]N[/bold]umber, number... ;)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2004
  8. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Bit of PC slang on my part. Not everybody understands otherwise.

9. MasterX10

MasterX10 Member

Final Verdict on speed

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  10. MasterX10

MasterX10 Member

Final Verdict on speed

Well After spending Ours on this Loader I figured out that my onboard Ethernet card didnt work with it.Finaly at 2 am I switched to my Netgear one and it worked.Since I have 2 Ethernet cards one for internet and one for My GC I never thought that they might be different in some way. Well anyways The 100mbit sec works BUT, it does not really send 100mbits or even close.The games do run a lot better and I can finaly run Fzero wich I could not b4. Althought I have it at home I just wanted to see how it ran.

Well the Max Transfer speed I saw for the games I have is Mariokart DD . The max transfer speed it runs at is 1.4 megs in the intro sceen But it only ran at that speed with GcSimGui frontend.The only problem with that Gui is that it has a little sound glitch on all games. With Graveyards Gui there is no sound glitch but it runs slower. Wich means the problem might not be in the loader but in Pslu . For some reason no one has made an improved PSlu or similar version.YaGCGu gui runs papermario with the least of sound glitch but it runs the slowest on video like Nurato 3.I have not tried any other GUi loader because I cant find any but if you guys know of a faster one let me know =)

for some reason the repack version of the loader makes the noise I dont know why though. It does run faster wich is to bad. =(

I use netlimiter to see whats going on in my network thats how I can tell how much the gamecube is uploading. www.netlimiter.com download there.
    If for somereason you can get the gamecube to upload faster than 25megabytes you can limit it to 25megabytes with netlimiter.

ps. I didnt need to change my Ethernet cards speed manualy , I have it set to FUll Automazation or something like that.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004