1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Power Supply And Computer Won't Turn On Please Help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Spenman91, Apr 24, 2007.

1. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@Spenman91

READ THIS!!! Please follow my advice and DO NOT buy a PSU with modular cabling. That is one of the worst features to be paired with power supplies since they have been made. Read a article I found on the downside of modular cabling with PSU....

For just a few dollars/euros more you can buy a PSU from the PC Power supply leader PC Power and Cooling. For you I would recommend the PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad power supply, as far as I know of it is the only powersupply certified by nVidia to run dual 8800 GTX's. Read these reviews, http://www.pcpower.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=S75QB&view=reviews, they aren't from "customers"(many companies post exaggerated revies from "customers") NO these are real reviews from companies that build gaming pc's for a living. Trust me on this one thing, you will not regret it.

2. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I would do that, and buy one of those. But money seems to be my only problem, since even after I return my current PSU to Newegg that will only give me around $40 to spend on a PSU. So it could be a while before I can upgrade. How long do you think my current PSU will last? And on top of that I still need to do something about all the heat my grpahics cards puts off.

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Look at it this way wait a little longer now, and buy yourself a PSU that will last as long as any other component on your system. Or buy the first one you can and end up buying another one in a week, a month, a year; however long it takes for that PSU to die. Then you will be buying another PSU. So you have the cost of 1 PSU plus the cost of replacing it due to failure or lack of power and you would have already spent more money now than if you had just bought the better powersupply in the first place.

4. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I want to get a good one. I just don't want my current PC to die before I can get a new one.

5. Spenman91

Spenman91 Regular member

I took care of the heat problem temporarily, but I guess the only long term thing to do is to buy a new case.

6. Blackjax

Blackjax Regular member