1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Problem Found - All Games Lockup

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by JVCRush, Jan 10, 2007.

1. JVCRush

JVCRush Guest

I have modded 4 XBoxes and 3 went well. The fourth one was upgraded from one of the others. I have Modded 1.0,1.1, and 2 1.6 ... all is doing fine but this last one. I have a Xenium GOLD and it installed fine and it's working fine. However I installed it on 4 XBoxes and 3 of those did fine and working great, good product ... however the last one of mine that I did it does 3 things that I can't figure out.

1. All games lockup ... ALL!!! Nothing has worked yet ... from HALO to Madden ... they play for about 3 to 5 mins then lockup, freeze ... sometime sooner.
    2. UnleashX after about 2 to 5 mins will just reboot .... Crash out of it and reboot back to my main dashboard AvaLaunch.
    3. I try to edit my Emulator names in AvaLaunch and save by pushing Y button but it will not save ???
    the other three Xboxes that I modded do fine and are doing fine. A 1.0, 1.1, 1.6 ... but mine a 1.6 will not ???

I have had some problems but have figured them out after studying what to look for and have learned allot, but this one has stopped me dead and have no clue???
    I have cleared out Cache, deleted my save games, turned off IGR and reinstalled everything from scratch and still nothing different. I flashed straight from the working Xboxes but mine don’t work like the others. Would you think it would be the chip or not ... the OS and everything else does fine just those 3 things. Play games from the DVD from the Xbox Dash with mod turned off and all plays fine. Thinking it may be an over heating problem??? … UnleashX tells me that the CPU is at around 136 … sounds high for me … I speed up the fan and it seems to help some. But the other Xboxes did fine, no problems. I have tried 3 hard drives now, one of them being the original one and still no go

I copy and move back and forth from my Computer fine also both with FTP and SMB workgroups … found that SMB is faster and better. For most things. So have my hard drive and chip still installed so to keep testing and working on a good clean setup … but these three things will not go away???

2. icp4life1

icp4life1 Member

i dont really know much but mabey you made a error installin that chip. is it solderless?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  3. icp4life1

icp4life1 Member

oh it does sound like a heat problem if it 136 mines always like 100.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Use the edit function instead of double-posting ^^ The mods take a very poor view of thst kind of post.

It does sound a little like a heat problem, especially as increasing the fan speed seems to help. But then again, back last summer I had both mine regularly up in the 150 ranges with no problems at all.

As the dash reboots I'm more inclined to go with a small crack somewhere in the region of the screw near the lpc points, or possibly a solder bridge intermittently making contact as things heat up. Check all wiring twice and also that the gpu heatsink is seated properly..that causes lockups like you describe.

Search the forums for more hints.. If I think of anything I'll post again.

5. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

P.S: Change forum name to conform to forum rules, thread titles must be descriptive, not NEED HELP, or HELP PLEASE.

6. JVCRush

JVCRush Guest

OK ... sorry

7. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

i menat tell what the problem was.

8. JVCRush

JVCRush Guest

Yes it is solderless and Will check like you said the screw at lpc points ... did 3 others like I said and all doing fine but this one. Put afan on it last night and it seemed to help it last longer but did lock after about 15 mins ???
    Tried another chip also ..... but no change. Made sure connection and install was right .. all OK but still no change. Thanks to you all for responding.

9. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

DeadRain : please leave the job of being Moderator to the Mods , don't keep on & on (the two posts in here by yourself are fairly useless & certainly dont help the user.. if you have a problem there is a 'report' button which a Mod will see within time & deal with it , I assure you).

icp4life1 : use the edit feature next time , it's what it is there for ;-)

adieu

10. janrocks

janrocks Guest

OK.. I did a little research on a 1.6 with a solderless xecuter2 install.. To duplicate the lockups all I had to do was move the wire that connects to the d0 point.. It's usually a little springy wire that goes to a point on the top of the board. Check this connection carefully both at the chip connection and at the board.

11. JVCRush

JVCRush Guest

OK?! ... Sorry AGAIN DeadRain and thank you very much janrocks ... makes sence I will check this out and let you know.