1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to modding my xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by pacman33, Mar 7, 2005.

1. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

Hi i am kinda new to modding my xbox and all. I am going to be ordering the xenium mod chip and istaling that and all and i was wondering what bios and dashboard i would need if i want to back my games up on dvd, or a diffrent harddrive. most likely a diffrent hard drive but when i run out of space ill probably buy a dvd burner or something. but any ways will this mod chip work with backing games up on disc or a harddrive or would there be a beter mod chip out there for me to get that might be more compatible with that type of stuff or something. i know i sound like a newbie lol, but that is because i am one. If you guys could help me out with this i would really like it.
    thanks,
    pacman33

2. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

I was also wondering something else. I saw on one of these threads that someone was useing dual harddrives. How do you fit 2 harddrives in an xbox? When i opened mine up it didnt even look like it had room for a modchip and all. i was only wodering. but if ya could answer that also i would like it also.
    Thanks,
    pacman33

3. modster

modster Regular member

goto your electronic/computer store and buy the hard drive ribbon cable. you have to mod this cable to have extra connectors. Then the extra hard drive is placed outside the xbox with the cable connected to it. Now, you have to make a power switch for the internal hard drive and external hard drive. Thus, just turn the switch for which ever hard drive you want to use. Some people left the original hard inside and use an external 160gig for storing games.

Why do they do this? simple..for LIVE. Becarefully or Microsoft will ban your xbox.

4. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

ok cool. is that the time you usualy get on? cause if so ill just be sure to get on that time so i can just ask my questions then. well anyways thanks for the help.
    pacman33

5. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

and i know that there bios are against that law and all but are you alowed to give out some irc chanels and the server to use so i could try to find a bios. or could that get ya in trouble and all?

6. modster

modster Regular member

hey,

Yeah, there are some irc channels that you go to and get ftp instructions on how to get these bios.

There are some threads on here that has the tutorial on how to get to these irc channels.

7. mdsup

mdsup Guest

8. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

Ok cool. This all really helped me guys.
    Thanks,
    pacman33

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2005