1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbeee Pioneer 107

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by magic1, Mar 9, 2004.

1. magic1

magic1 Member

Hi there,
    I have a BTC DVDRW and am upgrading it to a Pioneern DVR 107, I have a couple of questions that if you could be as kind as to answer for me:
    On the internet at present it it advertised as a Pioneer DVR 107- BARE DRIVE? I guess this is it by itself.
    Then htere is another link for a Pioneer DVR A07 Retail Kit that I guess contains some software to make it tick? This A07 retails kit is as I can see not available in the UK)
    So my questions is what is the bundled software that I am not getting with the basi drive only? Do I have to wait until the retails kit comes out? Or can you please let me know what I need and I'm only to happy to order this too.
    Lastly I am using Verbatim printable 4x dvd-r's, any problems with these and the Pioneer as I have found these to printhe best with my Epson R300.
    Look forward to your learned replies.
    Magic1

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Retail kit has recording software and usually two blanks DVD-R/RW. I always buy the Bare Unite. However, there is also something i read about the new A07's having something the 107's didnt. Damned if i can remember though (hardware wise)...Get yourself some Ritek media for it, Clone Disc form the retailer in my signature is the best along with RiDATA/Traxdata.

3. karatone

karatone Regular member

Oriphus, you have to remember what the difference is between the two drives are , or I won't be able to sleep tonight! lol

4. drchips

drchips Active member

Oriphus:
    Yeah, right..

Wot happened to the freebies then???

Seeya..