1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie with some questions...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by xoemyox03, Jul 10, 2002.

1. xoemyox03

xoemyox03 Member

Hi everyone...as my subject says I am a newbie here and I just really have one question. I have figured out how to convert my avi files into mpg files but when I burn them on CD-Rs and play them in my DVD player the picture quality is not that great. I have a firend who does the same type of stuff yet his picture is much better. Does anyon know how to improve my picture quality? Thanks ahead of time for you replys!

2. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

your friend may be making the videos into svcds and it also depends alot on the source video file if the source file is excellent the better the converted file will be! if you have a crappy source file there is little if not nothing that can be done to improve it....

3. xoemyox03

xoemyox03 Member

I think I figured that one out last night...thanks anyway for your help...but does anyone know where I can get the best quality of movies that are in the theaters right now?