1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFS U2 - XBOX copy has very slow frame rate.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by cosmo_69, Dec 28, 2004.

1. cosmo_69

cosmo_69 Member

GAME: NFS U2
    MY XBOX: matrix mod chip + evox D.6ef bios + evolutionX dashboard v1.8.3285
    BACKUP SW: Flash FTP v2.1, xCraxtion v3.1, DVD Decryptor 3.1.9.0
    PROBLEM: Original of game runs fine. However, backup copy has very slow frame rate (eg: 1fps). Tried DVD-R and DVD-RW media, with similar, but not exactly the same symptoms. In one case, hangs on loading of game.
    All menus are OK.
    RECENT UPGRADES: New DVD Drive. However, previous DVD drive had the *same* problems. New drive does work better, as a previously unreadable original now works fine.
    END.

2. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

Well, I can't be of much assistance as I have a "back-up" of NFSU2 for the PS2. Runs great for me. It may be the DVD's you are using. What brand are you using? I have heard that Verbatim is one of the best for burning games...

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I just burned NFS U2 this morning. I didn't get a chance to see how it played since I had to be at work :(

I'll let you know how mine's play though later on.

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

That's strange...

The backup I burned this morning is playing perfectly fine. Maybe you just had a "bad burn." Try re-burning the iso at the LOWEST RATE possible,

5. cosmo_69

cosmo_69 Member

(1) I've tried about 5 different burns. Some at 4x, some at 1x.
    (2) As a check I've tried backing up some older originals (Halo, Project Gotham). All these backups work fine using the same approach.
    (3) However, I have a problem with backing up my Halo2 original. The XBOX thinks its a game but when I try to load it the XBOX indicates that the disc is dirty/faulty. Once again I have tried several burns.
    (4) I heard that the game developers have introduced some new copy protection mechanism which may stop backups working with my particular XBOX mods - not sure how much truth there is to this, but it does seem strange that all the older games backup OK.

6. ozy

ozy Regular member

you could try the M8 evox bios and maybe update your other programs to their latest versions. i have had this game stop once saying the disc is dirty but just gave it a wipe and no probs!