1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no audio on VTS_01_2 onwards using DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sonic03, Feb 2, 2003.

1. sonic03

sonic03 Member

I have tried ripping one of my dvd's for a backup copy, by burning the IFO file & VOB files in just a VIDEO_TS folder using Stomp RecordNowMax, when I come to play it on my DVD standalone machine (PDVD-2255), it recognises it as VTS_01_1 as a DVD, THEN VTS_01_2, VTS_01_3 etc etc are displayed as VCD (Instead of DVD ????). When I come to play the DVD-R, VTS_01_1 plays fine with both picture and sound, but as soon as it comes to VTS_01_02 etc etc, there is picture, but no sound, can somebody please tell me how I can correct this problem ?

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

hello..

hmm... are you editing the ifo files with ifoeditor or are you just decrypting the files and then burning straight to disc?

the VTS_01_01 that plays, is it the movie itself or the menu/trailer?

let me know, i'll post a reply when ya do..
    peace
    seamonkey420

3. sonic03

sonic03 Member

hello...

Yes, I have just been decrypting the files and burning them straight to disc.

I haven't edited the IFO file, no, I have never used IFOeditor before and don't even know how to use it, you will need to tell me what I have to do with it, please.

The VTS_01_01 is the first chapter of the main movie.

Please advise.

4. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

hi there..

hmm, my suggestion is to use ifoeditor to strip the extra audio and subtitles and also to "create new ifo files". however, ripping dvd movies is not as easy as cds (not sure if you are aware of the process, if you are nevermind. hehe..)

here's a link to my website on DVD backing up.
    it explains the process and kind of brief overview of each step i made...

here's a link:
    http://www.geocities.com/daseamonkey420/

if that one is down, here's an alternative/mirror site i setup..
    http://www.geocities.com/seamonkeyguides/

then if you have more questions, drop me a note!
    peace
    seamonkey420

5. sonic03

sonic03 Member

hello...

I used decrypter (FILE), saved to hard drive, used rempeg2, i was then going to set to encode, but I calculated av bit rate to 196%, the maximum on rempeg2 is 90%, not sure what to do now ? When I backup the DVD '10 things I hate about you' movie "sorry about the title, lol" i.e. decrypt it and save it to my hard drive when I burn it, to begin with it will play pic sound for VTS_01_1, but no sound after, please advise.