1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"no compatible file found"

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jixin, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Jixin

Jixin Member

first time user here i just need 2 know how 2 burn video onto a DVD (cuz these movies r too long 4 CD) i have these files on my HD and want 2 transfer them over to DVD 2 free up space. the error message reads "no compatible file found" [OK] whenever i try 2 drop a file into the nero layout screen any help or links will be greatly appreciated PS. i need to be able to watch these movies on my home DVD player. thx
    J

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Hi jixin
    Your post is lacking alot of needed info.
    What is it that you have? ie.avi's mpegs,ripped files?
    If you have avi's you need to convert them to mpeg1 or mpeg2 dvd compliant files.Then you need a authoring program like TMPGEnc dvd author,to make vob files that you can burn in nero,or use dvd authors own writting tool.
    TMPGEnc is available along with dvd author in trial versions.
    If you have ripped files then take a look at this easy to follow guide to burn with nero... http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php
    good luck and welcome to the club
    jim

3. Jixin

Jixin Member

Hey Jim thanks 4 the tips and guides this seems like it will help me. Im actually using TMPenc to compress? i guess, something i d/led off kazaa. I hope it works out without too much hardship. thx again

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

5. Jixin

Jixin Member

k i wont speak of p2p programs and thx 4 the other guide i was having some trouble figuring that encoder out.

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi jixin
    once youve converted your files try this guide for dvd author:http://www.dvd-guides.com/guides.php?category=dvdauthor&name=tmpegencdvdauthor

all these steps are time consuming but worth the trouble,you might want to try the mainconcept encoder,lot faster,then TMPGEnc, and more simple but more expensive(trial version available for that too):http://www.mainconcept.com/mpeg_encoder.shtml

blaze on clubber
    jim

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out of it alive!!
    procrastinate now...dont put it off till tomorrow
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.[/small]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2004
  7. StykFig

StykFig Member

I am having the same problem with dragging a file to the window and it displaying the "no compatible file" message. I, however, am trying to make an MP3 mini-disk for my new player. I have copied all of my cd's to my pc as mp3's so that I can save space and protect the originals from being scratched up. I thought that I was saving myself time and money, but now I can't get the files to burn with nero. I am using Nero 6.3.0.0
    I have browsed google for answers and this was the closest that I found. Please help if you know the way. Thanks for your time and help.

Styk

8. sriam

sriam Member

i am also having a similar problem writing MP3s to DVD, so they can be played on the DVD player. I am getting an error message "No compatible file found". Any help would be greatly appreciated.