1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no more DRE's with dvd+r:)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by gulliver, Mar 19, 2005.

1. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

This is for everyone who is having a lot of problems with dres and has not tried using dvd+r's yet. Here's my story:

I was using gcos 1.4 and was having problems with mario tennis (like most people). I was getting dres every 5 minutes and my laser was making strange noises so I ended up going back to cobra 0.3. After I did this it seemed my problems were over, but it turns out I didn't test it long enough. Later on I noticed that I was still getting dres and the laser noises were back:(

So today I decided to go get myself some dvd+r's because I had heard people saying that they work really good for GC backups. Well, I got some memorex G04 8x +R's and burned mario tennis again at 4x. Amazingly, my dres in mario tennis are completely gone. I played three exhibition games straight with no problems at all. Then I had to pick my girlfriend up from work so I left it on pause to see what it would do. When I got back about 45 minutes later, the disc was still spinning and it was working fine. I played a couple rounds then ate lunch with the game paused. Aferward, I unpaused, finished my match and proceeded to play a tournament. Again, no problems. After that I turned it off.

What's even more amazing is that the laser actually sounded quieter while it was reading the disc than it did with dvd-r's. It was running really smooth like it was an original disc. This leads me to believe that gamecubes like +R better. Of course I can't know for sure without feedback from others. (Btw...my dvd-r's are ridata ritek G04.)

I urge anyone having dre problems that have not tried dvd+r's to give them a try. They're like miracle-workers for me:)

2. Ize

Ize Regular member

I can vouch for this, I switched to DVD+R and so far, no DRE's!

I left MArio PArty 5 running for 5 hours, then i played a 20 turn game, no problems