1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No picture while playing avi divx files in WMP

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by kunefon, Jan 19, 2003.

1. kunefon

kunefon Member

Hi,
    I have installed DivX 5.0.2 Bundle on my PC. When I try to play avi divx files from Kazaa, I see no video, while audio is just fine. I'm able to play them in DivX Player 2.0 Alpha, but it often "swallows" my 512Mb RAM !... ;(
    I'm using Win2K Pro.
    Can anyone help ???
    Thnax,

2. KJD

KJD Guest

Had same problem. Did you notice whether the codec required is "XVID". I went to Xvid.com and when i downloaded that my movie then produced Audio as well as Video.

3. kunefon

kunefon Member

KJD,

1. No, I don't see which codec WMP requests. (I looked in status line of WMP) Where should I be able to see this ?
    2. xvid.com domain is for sale ... Can you check the URL ?

Thanks a lot anyway !

4. KJD

KJD Guest

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/codecs_and_filters/xvid.cfm...

Go to bottom of page to where it says "Download"
    This is completely free...Just check off that you want automatic updates as they occur to be sent to you. When you download movies from Kazaa, take a look at the information provided on the download under the file name and it will tell you if addtional codecs may be required, thats where i noticed that the one i downloaded needed this VXID CODEC. Let me know if this works...Karen

5. kunefon

kunefon Member

I've installed the xVid, but...
    I still can't see the video in Windows Media Player ....
    Any other suggestions ?
    Thanks a lot

6. Navium

Navium Guest

7. kunefon

kunefon Member

Hi all ! Thanks for response !
    Actually I didn't try the ffdShow, I downloaded Windows Media Player 9, latest DivX bundle (5.0.3) and it worked out. Anyway, thanks a lot !
    Anatoly.