1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No rear speakers! _

Discussion in 'Audio' started by DJ_Kevin, Feb 11, 2005.

1. DJ_Kevin

DJ_Kevin Member

I own a ac97 (interigated soundcard) and it seems that the rear speakers goes to the front speakers :( i've had this problem before and solved it.. but now i cant remember how i did it..(o_O) I also own a pioneer VSX-D712 wich the sound goes trough... plus a subwoofer with its own amplifier.. DUN DUN DUN DAAA!!!... >_<.. anyways.. can someone help me? thx for reading!

2. SSChicken

SSChicken Member

This might fix your solution, might not. Go into your audio mixer by clicking the icon in the system trey, or start -> programs -> accessories -> entertainment -> volume control. Hit Options, then make sure "Advanced controls" is checked. Hit options again and goto properties. Make sure playback radio button is selected, and then in the lower list make sure "rear speaker" or "surround" is checked. hit OK then click advanced right under the rear speaker volume slider. uncheck the box that says "Mix surround to front".

*Edit* If it's stereo info that you want to get mixed to the surround speakers, there may be another checkbox there called 5.1 mixer enabled that you can check to create a simulated 5.1 audio from stereo tracks.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  3. DJ_Kevin

DJ_Kevin Member

no such options.. :\
    One thing, if i check the "Real-Time S/PDIF-in monitor" In the AC97 Audio Conifiguration the rear sound goes to front, and if i uncheck it the rear sound is gone