1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Video Output on Monitor

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by swatblade, Jan 21, 2006.

1. swatblade

swatblade Guest

Hi all, was wondering if anyone can help solve this problem:

I have problem getting the image on my monitor from the computer. I thought that my graphics card is spoilt when I change a new one, the same problem occurs.

Can anyone advise me on that?

2. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

Did you try the monitor on a different computer? Could be a bad one.

3. swatblade

swatblade Guest

Ya, I tired on 2 workingmonitors and also 2 graphic cards but none seem to give me the video output from the computer.

4. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

Do you get any "beeps? when the computer starts?

5. garydv

garydv Member

ok i just had same problem and it was a new trojan horse that is causing this problem it disables video and and changes system time and date as well as disables any firewalls you may have running. it changed my system time and date to march 2003 which disabled my antivirus. boot computer in safe mode and go in bios and enable video then change system time and date then run avg free edition

6. swatblade

swatblade Guest

Ok guys, the com is a Dell's.
    the HDD has been formatted thus no OS.
    There's no beep sound during bootup.
    I believe the com boot up & it's just that there isn't video output to the monitor.

7. dolphin2

dolphin2 Guest

[bold] quote:
    Ok guys, the com is a Dell's.
    the HDD has been formatted thus no OS.
    There's no beep sound during bootup.
    I believe the com boot up & it's just that there isn't video output to the monitor. [/bold]

How did you see to format the drive with no video?

No beep means the system isn't going through it's POST (Power On Self Test). Could be Mother Board, Power Supply, graphics card, and a number of other things.

What brand is your Mother Board? Some have things that will help you troubleshoot this problem. I know my MCI does.

8. swatblade

swatblade Guest

I actually managed to format the HDD before the video gave up on me... Strange enough, there isn't any beep sound during boot up..
    It's a dell, so i think it should be an Intel Mobo..

9. ruecian

ruecian Member

ok guys, im actually having this problem too. its funny cuz its working fine besides the fact that my spysweeper software said i had some trojan or other. anyway, i shutdown my pc and then booted it back up about 1hr later and thats when i got no video. i tried a diff monitor, same thing. pluged my hdd and vid card into another pc and video was fine but before loading to windows, my screen flashed with everyones favorite BSD...

still cant get any video output, so i figured id ask :) any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

btw, since my sweeper said that there were trojans on my pc im inclined to think that i have the same problem that garydv had. with no video, i cant really tell if i can get into safe mode to fix it like he did

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006