1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no volume when playing movies in WMP

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by namalada, Mar 24, 2003.

1. namalada

namalada Member

I have the same "error downloading codecs" message that most users have reported. But my problem is not a visual one. The movie looks fine on Windows MP but i can't hear anything. This is only with some movies that I have and they are "XViD"(i don't know what this is) if that makes a difference.
    I downloaded DivX codecs and that didn't work. Also downloaded the Nimo package. This got the volume working but then i had filter problems. The movie just looked GREEN (all my movies "XVid" or not, now had the visual problem). I played around with the different codecs to install from Nemo but nothing worked well. Meaning i either had a volume problem or a picture problem.
    I would appreciate any suggestions.
    thanks

2. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

I first suggest never getting those codec packs `cause they will overwrite your existing codecs. Now, as for how to get towards a solution, with xvid your audio is probably AC3 so you would need an AC3 codec. To verify download Gspot, it will tell you what the audio and video are in those movies. Keep in mind that in a problem like this getting divx codecs wouldn't do any good since they are video codecs, not audio.

3. namalada

namalada Member

Thanks for your help.

I already tried the AC3 codec from the Nimo pack. That didn't work either. Maybe you have a better source for getting the AC3 codec?

4. namalada

namalada Member

sorry i take that back. i downloaded a AC3 codec from DivX and it worked!

download.divxmovies.com/ac3codec.zip

Thank you very much for your help.

5. nuno229

nuno229 Guest

i had the same problem ... i solved it with gordianknot ...try this .............................http://gknot.doom9.org/Software/GordianKnot.SystemPack.1.0.Setup.exe