1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nobody can Answer Why DVDr to DVDr copies can't be done.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JiN.x, Dec 1, 2004.

1. JiN.x

JiN.x Member

I've read some of the posts that ask the same question...How do I make a back up of my back up without having to RIP the dvd...Because it takes double the time?

Can anybody who knows, answer how we can copy our back up movies on the fly (DVD copy function). Maybe direct us to a software that will do that.

Thanks.

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Recording on the fly although it may be faster is riskier. the chance for errors is greater. I use alcohol or nero to copy copies. The process for me takes about 20 mins to read & 13-14mins to burn. With alcohol you can save the image you copied to your HD. This eliminates the need to read. You need a big HD, or a large zip drive to store the images with (4.4gigs each).
    You can copy on the fly with nero, but most on this forum would agree it is too risky.
    Personally I prefer to read & burn & have a far greater chance in getting a good copy. If you want to try copying on the fly I recommend that you use RW media. Also I have found that + media burns quicker than - media.