1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nonXvid Problem -encoding protected dvd to nero digital

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by salar86, Aug 14, 2004.

1. salar86

salar86 Member

hi, im trying to test the nero digital codec. i own a legal copy of the dvd that i want to copy and nero.

Nero recode does not recognize the ripped dvd(both DvdDecrypt and Smart ripper vob's). I've tried an iso copy mode and selecting all possible filed on the dvd besides the vobs that i want. still i get this message:

Nero encounted an error...
    Failed to open file.
    The system cannot find the file specified.

Any help?
    Is it possible to use the Nero Digital codec anywhere outside Nero itself? Like in VirDubMode?

Thank you.

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i never use nero digital, as its not free :p

have you tried to look under compression in vdub ? if nero allows it and you did install it, the option should be in there.

if you're source is 16:9 nero can encode anamorphically. xvid can too, but it needs more steps :p

3. salar86

salar86 Member

I usually like free stuff better too but nero is an impressively fast encoder, up to five times faster than Xvid, so thats why.
    virtual dub doesnt' show nero...so i guess its not possible. My source is actually 16:9 but i don't know what "anamorphically" means so if you explain that it would be great.thanks