1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob help Pioneer 107

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Clotty, May 5, 2004.

1. Clotty

Clotty Member

Just bought a pioneer 107D seems good, I have managed to burn a movie with dvd decryptor and dvd2one then nero, however when I tried to burn at 4 speed I got a coaster, it reported buffer under run, what can cause this, the media I have is from a company called Multiplay technology marked up as
    DVD-R 2x-4x multiplay grade A
    They seem to record ok at 2 speed but not at 4 speed even for data, is this common? Or is this a problem with my system I've got an athlon xp2000 processor 512mb ram 2x 80 gb hard disks 1 of which is slightly faster than the other 7200 8mb buffer
    does this drive support buffer underun protection, in nero it says not supported but easy cd creator allows me to chech the box, could this be part of my problem?
    Thanks for all help on this!

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Did a Google search and this came from the OptoRite site:

Hard Disk

(1) Extremely fragmented hard drive.

(2) Not enough space in temporary directory.

(3) Hard disk compression may cause buffer under runs. We do not recommend writing from a compressed hard disk or disk partition.

Other Hardware

(1) Slow source devices.

(2) Incorrect recorder controller settings.

(3) Inability of the devices to sync properly.

(4) Overall system configuration.

(5) Computer is unable to allow data transfer fast enough.

You can try some of the fixes i.e defrag HD, Check computer config.but it might be the data transfer rate. Are you transferring from the HD that is 7200. Just my .02

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Three possible problems:

1) Roxio (Easy CD Creator) loves to screw up other burning apps, especially Nero. I'd suggest getting rid of Roxio and live happily ever after with Nero.

2) Cheap no-name media often doesn't live up to it's rated burn speed and you burner ratchets down the speed to help quality. Try Ritek G04 or some sort of Metal AZO media.

3) Check your DMA settings. If your drives are in PIO that could explain the slow burn speeds. Here's a link to help:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/IDE-DMA.mspx