1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob in need of help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by blkbd, Nov 18, 2007.

1. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

The modchip should allow access to the Slayers disc independent of what the HDD is doing!

For example, if you insert a brand new HDD into a chipped Xbox, it won't boot because the HDD is blank and unformatted. You then simply insert the Slayer CD, format the HDD and away it goes!

Fixing your HDD is only half of the issue, you modchip is malfunctioning!

2. cearel

cearel Guest

ok if you just hoocked your hdd up to ur pc and formatted it without useing xbhdm your pretty screwed not toatly f-ed i dont think u have an x2 chip i have an x3 to unlock and lock the hdd dont think the x2 allows this but is it possible that its unlocked......do you get any kind of error at all blinking red/green???

3. blkbd

blkbd Member

I have not formated anything yet, As for the blinking only when I first power it up or when it tries to read from the DVD but it only lasts for 5 to 10 seconds then goes solid and stays stuck on the Xbox/XECUTER2 logo.

4. blkbd

blkbd Member

I also opened up the box to take a look and everything is real clean did not see any excess solder or loose screws rolling around on top of the mother board, Is there anywhere a Tutorial on getting to the chip? I did a search for chip removal and chip install but came up zip. I was able to remove the heat sink on the right but the fan and heat sink on the top of the chip I could not budge even after I unclipped the the spring steel retainer.

5. cearel

cearel Guest

i would try the excuter site for a tut seems ur chip my have been flashed badly has it ever played burns

6. blkbd

blkbd Member

It was given to me a couple of weeks ago and was trying to set it up for a more user friendly interface and to save games so I don't know if it would play a burned game disc.

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You should be able to see the chip instantly, no need for heatsink removals!

Maybe you don't have a chip...

Here's a chip:

[​IMG]

8. blkbd

blkbd Member

9. blkbd

blkbd Member

10. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You may have a TSOP flash. It's another type of mod, not used anymore, too risky!

Well at least that clears up a few things...

Your best bet at the moment would be to try and Hotswap. Use my guides to show you how! maybe you'll get some luk, try both types. You just need to get back to the MS Dash!

11. blkbd

blkbd Member

I tried the hot swap but no go, I got the xboxhdm screen and connected the HD and pressed 1 and my computer does nothing. I wonder if the HD is what failed? So I connected the HD back to the Xbox and when I rebooted the Xbox logo comes up but no XECUTER2 logo below

12. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Try some tests...

Try booting the Xbox with no HDD, no DVD.

Do you get errors on the screen now?

13. blkbd

blkbd Member

Without the DVD drive I get a error 11, Have not tried with out the HD. Will give it a try a little later tonite and let you know.

14. cearel

cearel Guest

are you sure your hotswaping at the right point

15. blkbd

blkbd Member

I might not be, Thats a strong possibility.

16. varnull

varnull Guest

I found a pretty foolproof timing sequence/method to unlock..

Pull the ide cable out of the dvd drive and let the box boot all the way to error 11.. Then swap and boot the pc.. keep the xbox drive powered all the time.
    Works 100% for me, but your drive may have another issue as it's more normal to get error 12 with the dvd drive unplugged.