1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Normalize Audio in mpeg Video's

Discussion in 'Audio' started by djcsurf, Jun 22, 2004.

1. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

I have some music video on HDD recorded from TV, What id like to know is, is there a utility which can normalize the audio as when editing mpeg-vcr doesn't have this option. (Something similar to MP3Gain but for Mpeg1-LayerII). Any help appreciated

2. jay4

jay4 Member

hi there !
    yes-cooledit pro 2.1 which is now Adobe Audition 1.5
    i do it all the time.
    regards
    jay4

3. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

Thanks for that, gonna try it now.

Cheers

4. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

This Adobe Audition software looks pretty complex, could you explain in laymans terms how to normalize the audio in mpeg video files

5. jay4

jay4 Member

hi there !
    open Adobe Audition-click onto multi-track view-go to top and click onto insert-audio from video-once you open audio file in timeline, go into "edit view"(right next to multi-track view)
    go up to effects-amplitude-normalize.
    have a preview first up and if you like what you hear,click ok-select entire wave from edit-save as-your all done.
    regards
    jay4

6. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

Thanks for the reply,
    What you said works fine buts thats separting the audio and video files. I would like to normalize the audio keeping it as a video file, OR once the audio is extracted and normalized can it be linked back up with the video file!!

7. jay4

jay4 Member

hi there !
    yes it can. i always separate audio from video for any type of audio editing.
    it gives you more control on edits. once done i import audio from Adobe Audition back into timeline of video edit programme and drop it straight on top of audio that's already there.
    it works fine with Adobe Premiere Vegas5 etc.
    regards
    jay4