1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nosy and overprotective parents - "they can take my PS2 but they can't take my freedom!"

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by fibonocci, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Phoenix09

Phoenix09 Member

This article was a joke. I remember coming across it on it's original site back in 2002. I wrote a strongly worded email to the site admin, and he informed me that my Sarcasm Detector was broken. He also said that their site had actually been taken to court by AMD about it. While reading it (the article), I had told myself it was a joke. But I couldn't help thinking that this article getting into the hands of over protective parents would do nothing but harm. Sadly, 6 years later it seems that it may have.. unless again, my sarcasm detector is broken and fibonocci is also joking.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  2. res2cue

res2cue Guest

thats the problem with technology, it's so hard to express any type of emotion without having a strong chance of someone not getting it or misunderstanding what your are trying to convey. I've had it happen more than once as I'm sure most people have.

3. kk0425

kk0425 Member

...And that's where I nearly wet myself laughing.

Oh and forgot this little bit too.

Since when did meningitis become a psychological disease lol.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  4. ps3lvanub

ps3lvanub Regular member

Yup, I'm a computer hacker, or what the technophobic imbiciles that wrote that article count as a hacker anyway. And my parents know that I'm a "computer hacker" and they just say to not get caught by the police. This one made me laugh:

I LOL'ed

5. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I LOL'ed[/quote]

Maybe that is why apple blocks flash...it's hacker software, just like lilo! Probably writen by those same soviet terrorists that wrote lunix!!!