1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a rookie. . . . .but I have a question

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Bishop2, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Bishop2

Bishop2 Guest

Thanks man. Tried the speed reduction suggestion. Didn't change things for me. At a loss now. Time to call Dell. I wish I could read the files off another drive. Only have this burner installed (that'll teach me). This entire system is only 3 mos old. At least they will eat the cost of a new burner. Thanks guys.

2. zaiah

zaiah Regular member

For those who are having the problem of not being able to copy Resident Evil 2, or you are just getting the crc error message. (Cyclic Redundancy Check)
    Get the latest DVD decryptor and Search google or emalil me for the "DVD_VIDEO.PSL" once you have it saved to your hdd In DVD decryptor go to File, Protected Sectors List, Import and then select were ever you have saved the "DVD_VIDEO.PSL"file and click ok. Now try coping. If you have any problems or questions email me at zaiahmustang@sbcglobal.net
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Bishop2

Bishop2 Guest

Much easier to install the latest version of AnyDvd (4.5.1.1). . . .the guys at SlySoft patched it about 2 days after the release of the new Sony ARccOS
    protection.

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Slysoft overcame the arcoss protection in November last year. Check out the history on their website!
    PS I still think you have a hardware prob, as I previously said!
    Pulsar

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  5. Bishop2

Bishop2 Guest

I mean a few days after the release of the res evil movie. .. .I agree I think I need a new drive. Thanks again.

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Zaiah, CRC error usually means dirty or damaged disc. Even factory pressing can generate this prob. Failing that your burner lens could be dirty.

7. searcher1

searcher1 Member

Pulsar,
    geestar20 suggested you check to see if DMA was on,did you?

8. zaiah

zaiah Regular member

CRC is when the disc is dirty but is also a new code put on Re2. The Disc was brand new and it said crc so explain that.

9. zaiah

zaiah Regular member

well any ways my suggestion worked right thats all that matters.

10. searcher1

searcher1 Member

THERE IS A LITTLE PROGRAM CALLED VobBlanker 1.6.0.3.
    I HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH RE2 & LBB AFTER RUNNING THEM THROUGH VobBlanker 1.6.0.3, GIVE IT A TRY BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING VobBlanker 1.6.0.3 IS FREE.

11. pulsar

pulsar Active member

searcher1, is this a competition now? DMA, or direct memory access, usually only affects burn times.I am not aware that DMA can cause crc errors. Do you know what DMA does? If you do, then you will see why I did not think that it was the problem. Vobblanker can do the job, but not always. AnyDvds latest update fixes the RE & LBB probs.
    ziah, I do wish you would look properly, & I suggest you do a little research on the crc problem.
    As I previously stated crc errors can be caused by bad factory pressings.
    Look in some of the guides before you get on your high horse.
    If you care to look at the threads, he makes no mention of fixing his problem. In fact he made mention himself (bishop2, that is) that it may be a faulty component in his drive. I too suggested he tried swapping drives.

In future LOOK at the threads before you get too smart arsed & decide that you fixed the prob. Where did you see that any of your suggestions fixed it?
    By the way ziaih, have you read the forum rules? you are not supposed to leave your e-mail address in any threads. I am surprised that the mods have not picked up on that.

Kind regards,
    Pulsar

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  12. searcher1

searcher1 Member

pulsar,
    yes, I know what DMA does, And NO, I don't want to compete with anyone. I was simply making an inquiry based on my own experience. I had crc problems when my drive was in PIO mode. The only reason I mentioned Vobblanker is because I did not see it mentioned in this thread. I am sure that Anydvd works fine in fact I will probably purchase it myself, But as one mouse said to the other, It is wise to have more than one hole to crawl into.

13. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Never heard of crc & DMA/PIO probs.
    AnyDvd is a truly top app, I would highly recommend it.
    I agree with what the mice have to say though!! I have quite an arsenal in my PC. Though to be honest my dvdx platinum with anydvd has cracked every movie I have wanted to copy.

14. searcher1

searcher1 Member

pulsar,

better late than never , I purchased anyDVD like I said I was going to , and all I can say is wow ! It works great . This software makes backing up a breeze , just thought I'd let you know, that's it for now have to go to work catch you on the flip side,

If anyone out there is thinking of purchasing anyDVD download the trial version first if you have any questions or doubts it made a believer out of me.

15. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Glad to here you like AnyDvd!! Burn baby burn, come on baby light my fire!