1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not CDWOW....DAMN THE BPI !!!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by DMW, Jan 21, 2004.

1. DMW

DMW Regular member

Well, they got it. For some time the BPI has been saying that some sort of deal is going to happen between themselves and low-cost CD websites. As of Monday coming, cd's shipped to the UK will cost £2 extra!! They argue its becasue they are imports. Its been on the cards for a while, Virgin and HMV said it wasnt fair they sold the CDs so cheap, probably becasue their import cds had stopped selling at £16-£22 a piece!!! I thought the site was great and will still support them as much as i can.
    Oh well, no real point here, i just heard it on the radio and got a bit pi**ed about it.
    Later People.

2. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

yeah DMW I think play.com is next I have bought region 1 dvd's of them since 1999 had over 250 of them and they are on the list to fuckin BPI and the european union tripe

the european union recieved well in excess of 600 billion pounds last year of the richer EU nations and they can just account for were 10% of it has gone

but go figure a cheap company working for the little ppl gets dragged thru the courts for providing a quality service

the european union cant account for well over 500 billion pounds and go figure makes you wonder who is more corrupt done it
    anyway thats My rant for the day
    BastardS
    DaOsT

3. apalmer66

apalmer66 Member

Start boycotting the high street shops.Buy from labels direct(all labels have a shop on their website)or even from bands direct cos then they get the money they deserve. The labels and artists must surely still get the same royalties and payments etc no matter where the cds are bought from. Direct action is the only way.Support the labels and artist ONLY!

4. ChrisTrew

ChrisTrew Member

The sweet thing is that when you visit the BPI website there is a pop-up ad for a BPI petition to reduce tax on CDs because it is wrong that we have to pay so much for CDs in the UK. How two faced, the bastards! Phone and e-mail them until their ears bleed. You are right; buy direct from labels.

5. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

Damn them, why can't they just leave things alone. They should be prepared for a sharp drop in cd sales.

6. DMW

DMW Regular member

Don't know how they swung it but i got this e-mail off cdwow :
    "Dear Member,

WOW! We've been able to remove the additional charges for deliveries to the UK and Ireland on CDs.

We've been working our little cotton socks off to source our Chart Albums within the EU at the lowest possible price and cutting our margins even more.

In simple terms, from today the additional charges are no longer applicable. Chart CDs remain at £8.99* including deliveries to the UK - yippeee!

There have been a few cutbacks in the office, I'm working out of the YMCA and using an etch-a-sketch as my PC was sold.

But fear not - you get our great CD price - and I'm loving the YMCA tomato soup!

Thank you for your overwhelming support!

Warmest Regards,
    CD WOW!
    "

Im so happy, just a big FU to the BPI, keep it up lads.

7. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

RESPECT TO CD NOW!!!!
    and damm the burAcrats whom have took the Great out of Britain and made us a laughing stock the world over
    Bastards
    DaOsT