1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.nrg files?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by frufan, Sep 23, 2004.

1. frufan

frufan Member

i downloaded a vcd the other day and it's a .nrg file which in nero help says is an image cd
    but .nrv is a vcd file

when i tried to burn it i got this:
    [​IMG]

i hit ok and burnt it and my dear dvd player wouldnt play it and my cheap one played it but it was just a black screen with static as the sound

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Well, to be safer you should 'mount' the image with Alcohol 120%, then use VCDEasy-->Tools--->MPEG Tools --> Cdxa2mpeg to convert the ripped riff file, located into E:\MPEGAV\AVSEQ01.DAT (E:\MPEG2\AVSEQ01.MPG if it comes from a SVCD), into a ‘true’ MPEG file e.g. C:\my_dir\VIDEO.MPG.
    This because if the image is corrupt (did you check it with CDMage doing a 'scan for corruption'?) it's useless and you can thow it all in the garbage can.
    After that, build a brand new VCD using the brand new .MPG you just made and (if you have it, I have a registered version and I haven't learned how to use VCDGear) VCDEasy.
    More, read the 'sticky' thread I made as tutorial, if needed.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004