1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nv_pck:nv_vobu_ea ERROR

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GOLDBERG, Jul 30, 2003.

1. GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG Member

Can anyone help me on this one. I encode okay but then when i try to burn to either cd or hard drive it comes up with this error. I can use DVDXcopy to copy it onto two disks but I dont want to do this.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2003
  2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

3. GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG Member

Tah for the email thing....

Im using DVDShrink. I can encode but when i go to burn to hard drive or disk it comes up with that error. Can you help?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

At what point in the provedure does it come up with this error. Do you see the user guide address in my signature below. Click on it, and see if you are doing anything wrong in DVD Shrink.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Here are other threads with the same problem:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/41480
    [bold]Here is what someone else said with the same problem:[/bold]

FIXED THE PROBLEM!!!

ok firstly i normally use dvd2one as that lets me get a disc with a 4.32gig file size. I mainly use dvdshrink becaue it scans the entire disc in a matter of seconds and if their are any problems it will tell me (which if i use dvd2one i would have to wait like 15-20mins before the program craps out to tell me something is not right)

so i used ifoedit to strip some streams of lets say movie A which gave me problems. I got rid of an audio stream and then copied the rest of the files over to my destination folder once ifoedit was done, got gts sectors, ran it through dvdshrink and my problem went away!!! it had to be a navigation problem and since ifoedit fixes that when stripping streams the problem went away

NOW onto movie B. I did the same thing and i noticed that dvdshrink crapped out with a problem (still!!!). I ran it through shrink again and saw it was somewhere during the extras of the disc that it was doing it. So using ifoedit (tis particular film has 7 titles). i stripped the streams for all 7 titles. NOTE that you do not have to get rid of anything, you can keep every single stream and it still fixes the navigation. Once done ran gts sectors and now the problem is FINALLY fixed.

So if any of you run into the same snag, i would suggest using the strip stream option in ifoedit and go from there--

6. GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG Member

Thanks.
    I will try it tonight.

Will keep you posted.

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

8. GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG Member

Been using DVDShrink Version 1.1 so hopefully 2.3 should fix the problem. Have downloaded the vobedit & ifoedit files just in case.

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, you will notice a good deal better quality too. Im off to bed now cuz its 3am here in Ireland. Let me know how you get on.

10. GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG Member

how do i use ifoedit and vobedit as i still encountered problems encoding movies.
    same error comes up using version 2.3

11. GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG Member

Getting really really mad at present.
    Stupid bloody error keeps coming up. Is there a simple solution to fix this problem. All i want to do is copy originals and sometimes encode them as they are too big.