1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.ogg movie files to DVD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by rph, Feb 20, 2005.

1. rph

rph Member

Hey, there are alot of anime out there in .ogg format. I am having problems writing these files to DVDs.

Here is relevant info from an included .nfo file:

Audio Languages : English & Japanese
    Subtitles : English
    Audio Encoding : Ogg VBR Quality 3
    Video Frame Rate : ~23fps (IVTC via Decomb 4)
    Video Resolution : 640X480
    Video bitrate : ~115 File Size : Episode @ ~230 Each
    Video Codec : DivX5 Pro (With B F
    Source : R1 NTSC DVD
    Running Time : ~23 Min per Episode
    ************************************************************************************************
    How to Play divx5.ogm files :

Video Player : All Avi Player (WMP classic Best)
    Minimal system Requirement : PII 230 MHZ 256MB ram
    viewing Subtitle & switching : Vobsub 1.8 and Higher
    Codec : Divx 5.0 or Greater
    Playback Filter : Ogg Vorbis Direct Show filter implementation
    Optional Filter : ffdshow - helps watch HQ Divx with slower pc and improve quarity

Where to Download These Tool : http://www.doom9.org/
    ************************************************************************************************
    Encoding Processes:

All anime is encoded with ZX Style of Encodes with dub/sub except noted Standard
    video encode using Smartripper, DVD2AVI, Avisynth, Decomb, Avisynth Filter and
    Virtualdub Filters, VirtualDub and DivX 5.0 PRO.

-----

The file, when loaded in a media player, have two audio tracks and a subtitle track.

I would assume that I need to rip each part (1 video, 2 audio, 1 subtitle) and place them into burning software or something that will burn to a DVD.

Any ideas?

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Well, putting "ogg" in the search field at the top of this page, for starters. I've never done what you are trying to do, but I got a few ideas that way.

Another idea: see if you can open the files in virtualdubmod, and then save them in mpeg2. Having the files in mpeg2 will give you a lot more options for getting them into dvd format.