1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.ogg Xvid conversion to dvd with subs and alt lang

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by efface, Apr 3, 2005.

1. efface

efface Member

Well the title says it all.

I have some .ogg anime episodes that have english/japanese language and english subs. So 3 streams I think (I'm new to this to bare with me). Well basically I want to turn these episodes into a fully working dvd, where I can select the language and turn subs off and on. Could anyone clarify on what I need to do, to do this?

I'm guessing I need to use virtual dub and direct stream rip out the 2 audio streams and 1 sub stream...and figuring its a xvid file convert the video to mpg? If thats so, do I need to rip the video stream from the .ogg without any audio or subs in it, since I will be having options?

Thanks in advance for the info

2. efface

efface Member

Try giving this a bump...can anyone at least provide a url to a similar posT?

3. efface

efface Member

Well I think I can figure this out...I demuxed the two audios, which i believe i then have to implement into the dvd authoring, I ripped the subs...so now I just need to convert them to DVD subs and figure out how to make them come on automatically when the japanese language is select and now I need to know...

To do all of this, do I need to use a .mpg that has to audio stream, just pure video, no sound and subs in it? Then add them in at the dvd authoring stage? And if so, I believe I have to do this in virtualdub, but I have not figured out how to yet, could someone explain?