1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok...I just want to back-up my DVD's...guides confuse me

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by AlphaMoth, Jun 29, 2007.

1. AlphaMoth

AlphaMoth Guest

Thanks guys^_^

One last question, I noticed it changes quality to fit in the 4.38 gb size limit, if I take away the subtitles and unnecessary will the quality increase?:p

And one last thing, should i just use -r or +r? I want to buy lots:p anyone know a decent site I can buy lots of dvd's and dvd cases???

thanks so much^_^

2. res2cue

res2cue Guest

absolutely remove those unessessary things. That my friend was the main reason I sujested this program for you. Easy eh? as far as +/- debate, you should be able to use either if you have a newer burner. As for what is actually the best, I'm not sure if there is a difference really, but I tend to use - myself.

3. AlphaMoth

AlphaMoth Guest

o yes very easy:) only thing i keep is Deutsch subtitles:D

4. res2cue

res2cue Guest

I'm glad you are happy with the program. happy burning.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2007
  5. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member

@alphamoth
    good advice was given I tend to adore Any and Clone just for the sheer simplicity the guides for some other software almost have me tearing my hair out
    just if I could say one thing go for either + or - DVD blank media but go for quality not the real cheap stuff because they'll give you problems if you are wondering which to spend your cash on browse the many many forums regarding dvd-r+r media
    some well known names are TDK, SONY, VERBATIM alot of people swear by the japanese manufactured discs
    choose a good brand and trust them when they work well for you
    Happy Burning!!!

6. res2cue

res2cue Guest

good advice sorrow, and I would like to add my 2 cents here. If you can get hold of some Verbatim, Taiyo Yuden or Made in Japan Sonys' you will have top notch media. Stay away from Memorex, Maxell, and I even put TDK in the bad category due to the problems I have had with them. There are many many discussions on media and if you search, or look in that forum you should have no problem finding yourself good quality media. Remember this, spend a few extra bucks now and get good media which should last a long long time or spend little now and then spend more down the road when you have to redo your backups because the cheaper media has broken down and will no longer play.

edit spelling

7. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member

@res2cue you had the best advice I have read for some time and thanks for mentioning the "Taiyo Yuden" because people love them and I could not remember the name nor how to spell it
    TDK does indeed have question marks recently
    cheers

8. AlphaMoth

AlphaMoth Guest

100pcs VERBATIM 16X 4.7GB DVD-R for 65$ inc shipping(AUS)..that a fair price???

9. res2cue

res2cue Guest

sounds about right. I don't know where you live exactly but I know in Canada they come on sale fairly often. $65 seems to be the fair "regular" price.

10. AlphaMoth

AlphaMoth Guest

I live in Australia^_^ and those are off eBay. The ones you buy in store are a ridiculous amount of money.

11. tennisboy

tennisboy Guest

i never said i was talking piracy you just assumed. I still dont understand why you would spend money it makes no sense.

12. res2cue

res2cue Guest

I'm not getting roped into an argument with you over this, but when you say you don't have to pay for a program "the way I get it" what other option is there? I know they don't just give it away.

because thats how the programs keep going and getting better, honest people willing to pay for them and keep them and their development going.

13. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

First mistake....steer clear of EBay.

I also live in Australia and use and recommend Verbatim...I use ink jet printable and can usually purchase a spindle of 100 for less than $50.00 from Dick Smith Electrical or Harvey Norman

But you are assured that they are GENUINE!!!!!!!

14. tennisboy

tennisboy Guest

whatever i guess im asking do u think you cant free programs that work fine cause you can so why spend money. free....omg.

15. res2cue

res2cue Guest

free programs are fine, I use many of them quite often.

16. tennisboy

tennisboy Guest

well then why would you tell a guy who dosnt know what hes doin to but them he just got ripped off.

17. res2cue

res2cue Guest

no he/she did not get ripped off. You gave him the option of a free program along with a pay program, and I gave him the option of a pay program combination that would make things easy on him because he is brand new to this whole burning thing. He could make his/her own choice, and I feel for the simple fact of simplicity that they made the right decision. i'm sorry my opinion was different then yours, but the fact remains that you did not supply a 100% free option anyways.
    If I offended you by somehow jumping in your conversation and taking over, offering a different solution then you were suggesting.. oh well, I'll not lose sleep over it.
    btw, Alpha seemed to be very pleased with the fact that they bought the slysoft combo and were backing up discs almost immediately without having to pirate any software to do it.
    I am finished defending myself to you, I owe you no apology. I stand by my suggestions and I won't change my opinions because you seem to think yours is the only correct one.

18. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

we are here to give advice & opinions but it is up to the member to decide which way to go so we'll leave it at that.

19. AlphaMoth

AlphaMoth Guest

@gwendolin:Ive never seen dvd's that cheap in store, ill have to go check harvey norman out then

20. sdsunjay

sdsunjay Guest

did anyone recommend dvd shrink? cuz that is the first one you shud get.