1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old pal to dvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by biveleb, Jun 30, 2007.

1. biveleb

biveleb Member

Hello, this is the very first time that I am asking a question online.
    can anyone inform me of a product that will allow my Sony PAL VHS HI8 camcorder to connect to my NTCS DVD recorder or my PC in order to make a NTCS DVD disc.
    I have a lot of video of my granchildren that I made in the UK and as I now live in North America would like to preserve and share them for playback on a NTCS DVD player. My old Sony camcorder has RCA out.
    Also I am new to PCs and would like to know how to use the product you might suggest.
    Thank you
    Ed

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

im not sure if your asking for a connector or software, but good news for you i had the same camera and my wife was able to pick up some cord (which is now lost) and connect to my pc, so it shouldn't be to hard,

i then took the videos and loaded them in IMTOODVD creator and under the option area it made the burn dvd into a ntsc,

you can also use a free but powerful program, not as fast but has better results, http://www.dvdflick.net/ it's called dvd flick
    it also has the NTSC burn playback option

cheers

3. biveleb

biveleb Member

dear tripplite
    Many thanks for your help I will give it a try. I was asking for both software and a connecting device, so will go to the store to find some RCA to USB. Someone suggested Dazzle available at Future shop.
    many thanks
    ED