1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only getting sound from right hand speaker

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by gnarkills, Oct 27, 2007.

1. gnarkills

gnarkills Regular member

For some reason, I am only getting sound out of the one side of me PC Speakers. It is the 2 speaker and a sub. I know they work, because I plug them into my Ipod, and the work great, but when I plug them into my computer, I only get 1 side. They used to work fine in this computer, but one day, this happened. I have formated a few times since, but I still get the same results. any ideas?

2. itpro1000

itpro1000 Guest

Go to the sound properties in the control panel and check the speaker settings. You might have it set on laptop mono. Did it stop working when you intstalled a program. Otherwise, you might have a bad channel.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if you reformated & reloaded windows a few times & still have the same problem then is not a software issue but hardware. sounds like part of the jack that the speakers plug into has malfunctioned or part of the circuitry of the soundcard or motherboard has died. the jack can be replaced or resoldered. the soundcard can be replaced. the onboard sound can be disabled & a pci soundcard installed to give you sound.