1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opera browser for the DS!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Razengan, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Razengan

Razengan Regular member

Does anyone know if the japanese version of the Opera browser for the DS is multilanguange? I'm about to buy an import version, but the japanese is a lot cheaper than the european. Just need to know if it offers english language.

2. whompus

whompus Active member

Good question. I'm not sure. You might want to contact the importer you are thinking of buying from and ask them.

3. Razengan

Razengan Regular member

I tried to contact the sellers but they either refuse answering or tell me "I'm not sure". Anyway, I read that the M3 offers DS browser Support, does that mean that it can run the browser without the ram cart?

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

No it needs either the official RAM cart or a slot-2 M3 Perfect/Supercard to be used as RAM.

5. Razengan

Razengan Regular member

So, let me see if I got this right...the browser can run from the M3 as long as it has a RAM cart? Sweet, then all I need is a RAM cart, which I can get in the cheaper japanese version. Thanks, dog!

6. kcajblue

kcajblue Regular member

the browser can run from a slot 1 device, and use the actual ram cart or use an M3 perfect/Supercard.
    ive heard that the M3 CF doesnt work as a ram cart.

7. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

let's get some people started on actually doing this... look here first. (first time i heard of such a workaround was there)
    now to set up, it really needs a tutorial IMO....
    mini-tutorial action super fun time amazing GOOOoOoOoooo!!!!:
    -tools:
    slot-1 device (NOT just a passme)
    m3 perfect or supercard adapter; as long as it can play gba backups, meaning it has 32MB of RAM (m3 pro's won't work; supercard rumble won't work either)
    the download file<from link above
    -directions:
    extract everything to> C:\Documents and Settings\***your username here***
    open up "cmd.exe", aka "command prompt", aka "run:">"cmd.exe"
    type in: (EXACTLY, minus anything involving quotes)
    press enter/return... wait.... nothing rally happens(gotta love it's confirmation), but you see a new line saying c:\blahblah\blah>
    check> C:\Documents and Settings\***ur username here*** for the backup, trimmed, renamed, and patched!!!(if all goes well)
    it's working perfectly with my:
    m3 ds simply: 1GB sandisk fat16
    m3 lite perfect: 2GB sandisk fat32

from what i hear in reviews compared to the actual speeds i'm getting... OMFG THIZZ PWNRZ. it's beating my ***new*** laptop(2gb ram, nvidia 7300, core 2 duo, lan, blah) on images results from google using firefox2. the comp does better when i use opera... can't be denied, opera's fast. just wish it were firefox...^_<
    ...or i have multiple spyware/viruses.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  8. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Just thought I would confirm that the Pro range does not work (it lacks RAM, which is the whole point of this hack)

Also, have you done anything to your firefox setup to speed it up? like modifiying the pipelining or anything? Because that will give it a bit of a speed boost.

9. Doctor_DS

Doctor_DS Regular member

i have m3 ds simply, and ez flash iv. can i use my ezflash iv as the ram pack, and what do i need to do to make it work.

10. 21Q

21Q Regular member

you could just get the European version

11. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

of course. it's firefox's features!!! when i was testing, i was also doing a lot on the comp. hence, the slowdown. didn't realize i was running virus scan while i was doing photoshop... gotta love dual core >_^. my browsers take the biggest hit from mem. usage because i like to have at least 5 tabs open at all times (now that everyone has tabs...).

i don't know/can't confirm, and do the above, as i instructed. i'm not sure if there's an OPERA_"ez flash".bdf. so you might have to try sc or m3.

12. Razengan

Razengan Regular member

Of course, but as I said before it's more expensive than the japanese, so I'll get the japanese version an let you know if I can get it to work.

13. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

homebrew browser (work in progress):
    OKIWI - a free NDS web browser
    scroll down for english.

looks promising.

14. elmander

elmander Member

i did what you said in your instructions and it still asked for a memory adapter. i have m3 simply in slot 1 and supercard lite in slot 2.

15. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

the end result was a backup of a smaller size right (renamed too)? you used "opera_sc.bdf" right? if these are all yes, i can pm you one that i will make. it may just be that the sc lite doesnt support the patch. btw, the sc lite plays gba games right?

16. elmander

elmander Member

actually, i got it going. i was n00b i guess. i just got my card yesterday. it does play gba games, but i have been working on roms games. thanks for the patch tho! i apprecaite it! now if i could just get dsOrganize to run properly... =]

17. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

you may need dldi patching. read here. also, a link to an already patched dsorganize is there. it may still be up for download...

don't thank me for the patch. thank triforce (the creator(s)). but, you can thank me for the tutorial!

18. elmander

elmander Member

see...i patched with it. and it's working on my m3 simply, but i lost some of the gui. on my supercard lite, it runs perfectly once, when i reload, supercard says it cant find the sd. i put it in the pc, and it tells me the micro sd has yet to be formatted so i'm getting data corruption. i'm just a perfectionist and was wondering if there was a way to get it to run perfectly on either the sc lite or m3 simply.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  19. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

the patched ones up there are meant for m3 simply only by the way. i patched the newest one (v. 2.45) myself and it hasn't given me any trouble yet [on the simply and m3 perfect lite]. did you patch the dso for sc lite? or it just may be dso acting up, since it does read/write to your microsd further than other apps do.

20. elmander

elmander Member

i patched it with the file for sc lite, as well as running patched files . the only thing that i can see is really missing, is the gui for the keayboard. and hte letters are already kinds small so without the stuf fbehind them its just a little harsh on the eyes. anyway you could pm me your m3simply patch? maybe i did it wrong. i would like to compare to two if you are ok with that. thanks!