1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original DVD Wont Read

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by erhan, May 18, 2004.

1. erhan

erhan Member

Hi everyone,

I need some help i have starship troopers DVD original copy, I want to burn it so when i put it in my Liteon DVD burner it wont read it? ive tryed cleaning the cd but it still didn't work, it also doesn't work in my xbox but it works on my brothers LG DVD Player so does anyone know what the problem is?

2. colw

colw Active member

Sick Disk

If a disk is slightly damaged, it may work on some machines/players and not on others - DVDs and players tend to be temperemtal and a disk that works on one machine may not play or freeze on the next two or three.

Would suggest trying a different original.

3. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

yep, if it plays in a standalone machine it isn't the dvd. You could try ripping it on a dvdrom. They are getting pretty cheap for a 2x. I think they read the disc more like a standalone player. At least that seems to be the case with my old creative 2x dvd drive. Or head to the blockbuster and get another original. It is perfectly fine to make a copy for yourself. Provided you keep the original too.

Atom

4. erhan

erhan Member

ok thanks guys.