1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking dvd shrink

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by spotzilla, Oct 11, 2007.

1. spotzilla

spotzilla Guest

Why is when I use aibooster to speed up ripping pc reboots in middle of
    Ripping, or when done, reboot to only find that bios has been changed?
    trying to back up bug 2007, with amd 4200+,1.5 gb of ddr 400, thanx.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Perhaps the CPU temperature is too high.

3. spotzilla

spotzilla Guest

Thanks will check, but would that change bio's, cause when it goes to boot into xp stops at command line curser, then I'll go to set bio's defaults and it boots tis a pain but if I dont over clock boots fine? I
    Thought maybe some friggin new copy protection, heard they might poss,
    mess up your pc if you try to back up dvd's, scare tactic or what, thanx, Nick.

4. Suba

Suba Regular member

You said it yourself. If you do not use the software it works fine.
    I would stay away from anything which mess up boot, unless you are willing to go through reformatting one day.

5. falcon209

falcon209 Regular member

I too am overclocking my CPU (Pentium D920 2.8Ghz) on an ASUS motherboard (P5LD2) to 3.65Ghz using AiBooster (Performance Mode 30% O.C.)

I have not had any problems while using DVDshrink. What are your idle and 100% load cpu temps?? (Mine are 32C idle and 45C 100% load)

My first thought is that it IS a cooling issue as the most common reason for spontaneous PC reboots is CPU overheating. Other culprits could be that your power supply is not sufficient for your overclocking purposes (not enough wattage or using a cheap generic PSU). Something else to consider is that you are overclocking too much for your CPU and motherboard. Try clocking back and see if the problem persists.