1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oversized files and nero

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jimmyfly, Mar 26, 2003.

1. jimmyfly

jimmyfly Member

I have nero ver5.5.9.14 and am having problems with the size of the files,the file is just over 700mb long but when i use the drag and drop in nero the status bar goes upto over 1000mb does anyone have any ideas cause i am extremely stuck.

2. tazman741

tazman741 Member

you can try using virtualdub to split your file, it splits avi filesdown to size, then you can use tmpge to convert your avi files to mpeg1 to burn on nero! nero encoder sucks! good luck!

3. jimmyfly

jimmyfly Member

right cheers mate i will try that.

4. Messa

Messa Member

First tip, and this is experience not ease/preference, don't use nero to convert AVI to (s)VCD as it does a very bad job of it. I have found you can't beat TmpGenc if u set it up right (sometimes you still end up with 'jerky' video), but better still (alot) is DVD2SVC, used in AVI to SVCD mode. This can convert to SVCD or VCD. If you can manage to use it with the Cinema Craft Encoder (CCE) instead of the default inbuilt one, it is way faster and superb quality. The resulting files are Bin files, ready to burn with must progs that support them (nero etc). DVD2SVCD will allow you to alter bitrate etc as usual.

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I agree DVD2SVCD with CCE SP for VBR SVCD is the best way to go. Then what you should do is use VCDEasy to burn so you can author a bit and add chapters!

VCDEasy
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/vcdeasy.cfm

I only use Nero for buring VCD/SVCD if VCDEasy fails for some weird reason, which is does sometimes! but i still recommend it more than Nero!