1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

panasonic camcorder PV-GS39

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by mzp3769, Feb 12, 2008.

1. mzp3769

mzp3769 Member

Hello,

I bought this camcorder about 1.5 years ago. I recently noticed that transfer of my movies to a PC with firewire does not work and took it to the camera shop for repairs. The repair man said that he cannot fix it since the connection to the circuit board is cracked and it is too small for him to attach it. He said it is not worth to buy the whole part.

Is there a way I can transfer the movies to my pc in any other way?

Thanks for any help/suggestions,

Mark

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

If that video camera uses minDV tapes, borrow a video camera, that uses those tapes, from a friend.

3. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

If quality is your highest priority indeed the best is to keep using Firewire.
    If you don't hav access to another camcorder, you als ohave the option to do an analog transfer using the analog output of your camcorder. To do this your PC needs to have video-in capability. Your video card may have this or you will have to buy a capture card or one of those abnlog capture boxes that you can connect to your USB port.

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

That'll reduce the quality of the video, unfortunately. It may result in dropped frames, too.